skoda accessories recommendations for new owner

20130728_145432_ViewRd_zps84c1c34a.jpg

IMG_20130722_185413_zps8a5401f4.jpg

F9D1CED0-575B-4163-AA9C-1C87198CC507_zps

tapatalk_1422307860982_zps1yzxdgvx.jpeg

20130913_143138_ViewRd_zps447b929_edit_1

20141226_140557_zpsb9dvbe81.jpg

My wind deflectors as above.

Also thought of a few more mods, aluminium footrest cover, de badge rear, CREE DRLs and spi vision over rear lights and fogs.

Possibly HID upgrade and silver vision indicator bulbs and change the dodgy horn to something less like a clown car

Sorry if some of these are repeats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, looking good! I like the footrest cover. I had been wondering if there was one available for the fab. Where did you get it? I fitted one on my Golf GTI and I loved it. It made all the difference with it matching the pedals.

There is a footrest for the vRS but it says vRS on it so I didn't go for that one as mine isn't a vRS. The one I got was from eBay, listed for a Polo but same fit. You first have to remove the plastic footrest, 3 screws IIRC then offer up the plate, mark out the holes and pre-drill the existing plastic rest then drop the bolts through tighten the nuts underneath and then put the whole lot back in the car using the original 3 screws. I don't remember paying £20 but it really was worth it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161563809589

Footwell lights, I did a write up somewhere but can't find it. I took a feed from the map light on the RHS and ran a thin twin gauge wire along the top of the screen under the headliner and down the A pillar to the footwell then connected it up to a 30cm white LED strip with adhesive backing and stuck it on the underside of the dash. I also ran a wire along to the back of the car and did the rear footwell too. Then repeated for the other side using the LHS map light. That way I could have them come on in sync with the courtesy lights and independently either side by using the map lights. I would have liked to solder the connections but I didn't, don't have a clue how,!

I also did an upgrade of the lights in the boot adding strip lights either side under the plastic shelves next to the parcel shelf and one on the inner edge of the boot lip too. And just to make sure I went that little step further I ran a wire from the footwell lights thought the rubber shoe on the door and behind the trim to power a 30cm white strip at th bottom of the door panel (to light the ground when door open) and a red strip on the outer edge of the door trim to act as a warning marker to traffic when door is open in the dark.

20130718_235127_View%20Rd_zpsasjzv4lb.jp

20131014_184155_zpsnlymtbmi.jpg

There is a footrest for the vRS but it says vRS on it so I didn't go for that one as mine isn't a vRS. The one I got was from eBay, listed for a Polo but same fit. You first have to remove the plastic footrest, 3 screws IIRC then offer up the plate, mark out the holes and pre-drill the existing plastic rest then drop the bolts through tighten the nuts underneath and then put the whole lot back in the car using the original 3 screws. I don't remember paying £20 but it really was worth it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161563809589

Thanks for that, looks good. Yeah the fitting sounds exactly the same as it was on my Golf, easy enough. Think I may have to get one then!

Edited by homesqueeze
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So I finally got around to getting and fitting my footrest cover. Thanks Jonro2009 for making me aware of it. It looks great! I like the fact it has a rubber backing on it too, the one on my Golf didn't have that. Means you don't have to put anything black behind it to mask the footrest through the slats.

DSC_0085_zpsfm99iexn.jpg

Edited by homesqueeze
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

20130728_145432_ViewRd_zps84c1c34a.jpg

IMG_20130722_185413_zps8a5401f4.jpg

F9D1CED0-575B-4163-AA9C-1C87198CC507_zps

tapatalk_1422307860982_zps1yzxdgvx.jpeg

20130913_143138_ViewRd_zps447b929_edit_1

20141226_140557_zpsb9dvbe81.jpg

My wind deflectors as above.

Also thought of a few more mods, aluminium footrest cover, de badge rear, CREE DRLs and spi vision over rear lights and fogs.

Possibly HID upgrade and silver vision indicator bulbs and change the dodgy horn to something less like a clown car

Sorry if some of these are repeats.

loving those wind deflectors...