DVD in motion

You can't as it's illegal. The dvd will play but with sound only till you stop. If you connect a set of screens it will play on them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

It is illegal but doable with different firmware.

I have this installed on mine as I am going to fit rear screens to headrest and needed the firmware updated on my headunit for faster response times 

But it is very distracting on the few occasions my kids have tried to switch it on when I am driving and I know now  why it is illegal.. :peek:

I have that on my last superb. I done with firmware update but this time I don't want to update all firmware. U can download file for free then burn cd. It's take only one minute and is done. The problem is I have an Apple MacBook so didn't read the file. It have to be from laptop or pc

Its not quite a firmware update as that implies a newer version. It is a hack to the current version which sets the speed at which the picture blanks to 255km

It is odd that the hack is the only way to do it and that the hack will only give the maximum speed for blanking as it seems to me the sensible option would be to blank at about 10(mph) which in reality would be about 7 or 8mph.

You could then crawl along in a traffic jam watching the news which you cant at the factory setting.

Far safer than having screaming kids in the car or a wife who is just making your life hell.

The dvd can be found on the net if you search for recode vim berto89

I have chosen not to recode mine as I do believe it would be too tempting to look at the screen at inappropriate speeds.

Free world and free will means the choice is yours. have an accident and hope they don't find out that this was the cause.

There's a lot of irresponsible talk within this post. Please think again. But having said that, if you're also the kind of people who have a phone attached to your ear whilst driving, why should you care? At least you'll be in a good position to phone the undertakers for your passengers and all because watching Star Wars was more important to you than they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont have the phone in my ear, i dont answer phones via BT or in-hand, i can read texts by MFD, everything can wait......thats when im POB, if im clear i answer via MFD (only) if im sat on the rank i do whatever

Edited by lichfielddriver

I would not call this a "hack". It is an adaptation.

Bartatman, I do not watch TV when driving, the passenger, I am married to, might watch a DVD. I do not even have my own personal mobile phone. If I had, it would not be by my ear, but connected to the car's bluetooth.