BT box location?

I'm looking to purchase the BT box to enable Bluetooth in my Skoda octavia mk2 facelift vrs, firstly I have looked under both seats and can't seem to locate if there's one already there and where it goes if I purchase one. I've been advised I need to purchase this model number - 5k0035730d.

Where does the BT box sit and does it connect to any wires under the seat? And I assume the harness you purchase goes into the back of the bolero cd player.

OEM location is under driver's seat but mine was put behind the climate control panel. Others have them in glove box. You will need the wiring loom which provides power and connects to the back of your Bolero. If you have an OEM one from factory it's under a plastic cover which is very obvious under the driver's seat. You won't miss it if it's there!

Be wary of the quadlock and length of the loom...I'm currently trying to retro fit the loom behind a Columbus and it's proving to be a real pita.

I fitted mine under the passenger seat ran cables behind centre console when I retrofitted a Columbus, and yes it is a pita trying to fit the extra cabling/quadlock behind the head unit probably the hardest part of fitting if I'm honest

I assume that when retro fitting one needs:

- BT Module

- BT foam mount (if going under the passenger seat)

- Additional wiring loom / harness

- microphone (which mounts up in the centre lights?)

Currently mine has a parrot kit fitted, which I would like to remove just to make the dash a bit cleaner.  (plus if I use the satnav on my phone the parrot keeps thinking I am trying to voice dial someone!)

Mine's now all in and working. Been a right pita siting the box but glad it's done. Just wondering, does bluetooth also charge the phone ?

OEM location is under driver's seat but mine was put behind the climate control panel. Others have them in glove box. You will need the wiring loom which provides power and connects to the back of your Bolero. If you have an OEM one from factory it's under a plastic cover which is very obvious under the driver's seat. You won't miss it if it's there!

My parrot kit seems to be tucked in to the left of the head unit, although I suspect that is smaller than the VAG unit, so it might not fit there....

My parrot kit seems to be tucked in to the left of the head unit, although I suspect that is smaller than the VAG unit, so it might not fit there....

The blue box for my parrot ck3100 is about the size of two fag packets.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Where can I get my hands on one of these BT kits, I missed a sale on ebay for one which was a right bummer! everywhere I look only sells the box and not the leads... 

Many thanks

Look on the for sale threads on here, you might get lucky.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/165-parts-for-sale/