Thinking of buying this.... What do people think?

What makes you think it's been "ragged"?

I use all the power my car can and will give me (Hybrid turbo etc) but wouldn't consider mine as been ragged. As long as it's done appropriately when full up to temp it isn't an issue IMO.

Buying a used car is always a gamble, regardless of its been modded or not.

Edited by jars

Go and look at it, drive it, and check it has ALL paperwork including at least 3 cambelt & waterpump changes.

130K is not a lot of miles  for a 12 year old diesel car, just over 10K  a year. suggests it has not been used a lot, I sold mine after 3.5 years with 62k motorway miles on.

You Decide :)

Edited by lfc958

I'd check what has been done to it for it's "217bhp". You need to replace x, y and z to get but it's whether they have changed the parts that brake because of getting x power. What clutch for example? Cambelt and water pump as everyone else has advised and most importantly whether your other half can get insured with x modifications and power as well should factor into it.

This is dodgy!

MOT in October 2014 - mileage recorded at 176,547.

MOT in Octover 2015 - mileage recorded at 123,800.

Edited by Dazza95

Doesn't seem to be an aberrant MOT finger problem either. There's an MOT recording 163K too.

You could try to negotiate a lower price.... Though there's probably some enthusiasm>caution punter champing at the bit to be fleeced.... Or so the seller might think.