best spark plugs mark I vRS

Will be servicing mine soon, just read the oil thread, any recommendations for the best spark plugs?

with my last car (fabia II vRS) we really needed to use different spark plugs than recommend by skoda.... , so what do people use in their mark I and why ?

Thanks.

std is ok on these but most folks fit the Ngk . can't remember for none mapped cars but it is BKR7E for mapped. search threads buddy as covered many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe ngk platinum are the recommended for standard from ngk but a lot of people use the copper ones as mentioned above. I tried both, Platinum will last longer and do work well, but for remapped I found the copper ones to perform a wee bit better especially top end.

• Like 1

The only acceptable spark plug from Bosch are the F5DP0R which are from Audi Rs2 and are a little bit more expensive than the NGK. But the Bosch will definately will need to close the gap. 

• Like 1

The only acceptable spark plug from Bosch are the F5DP0R which are from Audi Rs2 and are a little bit more expensive than the NGK. But the Bosch will definately will need to close the gap.

Funny, these were used in tuned C20LET engines too

Funny, these were used in tuned C20LET engines too

Agree. They are used in many tuned cars because they can hold up really good with combustion temperatures. But of course they have to be changed more often.

I used to run NGK PFR6Q which seemed to work well, they're a bit pricier than others suggested though.

Factory fitted spark plugs, they are a little expensive and they don't get along with tuning to be honest...

so is the general consensus the NGK 7's (just like I ran in the fabia vRS !) are the way to go ? balance for performance and price ?

In my opinion yes, I have been using them for a very long time and they earn their money.

• Like 1

A mate of my try to convince me to go Denso IK20 standard or IK22 mapped... Are these common? They are on the Neuspeed site too

the denso plugs are a liked alternative to the NGK7's for the fabia II vRS....

20vt heavily modified IK24, 20vt mid-range modifications IK22, 20vt stg1 IK20, the only problem that Denso's had (at least has happened to me) they tend to wear really fast and sometimes they cause misfires under load (full boost e.t.c.) .

Hmm, misfires... I'll will order some NGK's then... Copper seems to be the recommended choice here, so I'll replace them every oil change which in my case is 10-12k or about 18 months... As the car is being mapped next week I will order the colder one: NGK BKR7EIX

Hmm, misfires... I'll will order some NGK's then... Copper seems to be the recommended choice here, so I'll replace them every oil change which in my case is 10-12k or about 18 months... As the car is being mapped next week I will order the colder one: NGK BKR7EIX

I don't have misfire issues, but my plugs are at least 20k old, so on my imminent service, I will put the NGK 7's in.... no idea whats in there now! lol...

• 1 year later...

Hello to all you good people!

Going to get my car serviced and looking to keep costs down by sourcing the parts myself.

I have a 2003 Octavia Mk1 vRS (1.8T petrol - 180BHP - AUQ engine)

For spark plugs, I can see from the above that the NGK BKR7EIX seems to be popular, however when I search online using various compatibility checkers, this is coming back saying it's not compatible.  In fact, NGK's own Catalogue (page 68) says I should use NGK PFR6Q (6458).  An example of this type can be found for sale here.

Also, just to through this into the mix - I have absolutely no idea what type of Distributer Ignition System (DIS) I have, however from this Article, the choice of double or single platinum will be dependant on the DIS set-up.

Many thanks in advance of any help with the above!  :thumbup: :)

YA

10 hours ago, YellowAges said:

Hello to all you good people!

Going to get my car serviced and looking to keep costs down by sourcing the parts myself.

I have a 2003 Octavia Mk1 vRS (1.8T petrol - 180BHP - AUQ engine)

For spark plugs, I can see from the above that the NGK BKR7EIX seems to be popular, however when I search online using various compatibility checkers, this is coming back saying it's not compatible.  In fact, NGK's own Catalogue (page 68) says I should use NGK PFR6Q (6458).  An example of this type can be found for sale here.

Also, just to through this into the mix - I have absolutely no idea what type of Distributer Ignition System (DIS) I have, however from this Article, the choice of double or single platinum will be dependant on the DIS set-up.

Many thanks in advance of any help with the above!  :thumbup: :)

YA

PFR6Q are the OE spec for the plugs - and being platinum tipped, pricey at around a tenner each - however, they have a longer service life of about 40k miles. Most tend to use either the BKR6E for standard cars, or as said, the BKR7E for mapped (higher temp plugs) which are the standard copper variant of the PFR6Q (basically speaking) and change them more often at 10k miles.

• Thanks 1