Cancelled order and converting to the dark side.....

I can't believe I'm doing this, but....after a weekend away in the lakes I realised that swapping our current 4x4 for a superb 190tdi 4x4 wouldn't cut the mustard, especially as we have a 26ft twin axle caravan.....

So, we've ordered a VW Touareg R-Line 3litre v6 TDi (262ps) DSG with a few extras.... Best of all is we pick it up, brand new next week instead of waiting until September or October!

Feel sad, but I'll still be on here as our other car is a 2014 octavia elegance 2litre tdi.

Just hope there is another website as good as this for the Touareg!!!!

Cheers folks!!!

Edited by Steevie Wonder
  • Like 3

But the reason the Tuareg was instantly available is that nobody wants them!!!!!

Only pulling your leg, I've had one as a hire vehicle, quality comparible with the Superb and that engine is an absolute dream, so smooth with what feels endless power :)

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

If my local VW dealer/s would have had a R Line Touraeg 'in stock' I'd have had one as the test car I dorve was very impressive, but they didn't so I went for a Superb estate SE Lux instead :)

Cheaper as well of course 

Edited by Captainfunbags

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to say.... What a weapon!!

The v6 TDi is silent and the 430lbs/ft torque is just out of this world... Time will tell whether it was worth the extra over the Superb....

The TV/DVD option is great, especially the DVD player - literally pop DVD in and press play - no need for files or any other messing around.

Oh and apparently it's blue....

post-418-0-80795300-1464418566_thumb.jpeg

post-418-0-49714900-1464418785_thumb.jpeg

post-418-0-06529500-1464418798_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, the scrolling buttons under the screen look very badly placed.

They would look much better symmetrically imo.(i realize one is smaller, they could easily be the same size and on each end of the row of buttons)

• 2 weeks later...

That does look rather nice!

How much if you don’t mind me asking?

Went for a PCH in the end, £2.7k deposit and 48 months of £430.

Not interested in keeping it beyond 3/4 years so this makes perfect sense for me. A PCP for 42/48 months at around £430 a month would've required a £10k-12k initial deposit... Retail it's a £48k car...

This is why we needed the bigger motor...!!

Steve :)

post-418-0-94205500-1465146040_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1