Canton settings

Anyone had a good play about and come up with any preferred settings to get the best out of the Canton? Sounds very ordinary to me on default settings. Cheers.

I thinj its pretty good for the price Nezman...have u put the settings on bluetooth and media to loud in the info/head unit ..and then turn Bass up to about 8 and treble 6 mid 6/7 and depending on your music source its really the users ears own preference and style of music etc...just have a play..and dont forget to turn up your phone volume too:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bass: +3

mid: 0

treble: + 8

sub: +5

sound focus: driver

surround: disabled (sounds awful imho)

fader: a bit closer to the front

If it's a new car, the speakers need some time to do their best. I started from bass +8 and sub +8.

Oh, and you need good source, preferably 320 kbps mp3 or lossless. 192 kbps and lower mp3's sound very poor to my ears.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

Wouldn't a well designed 'premium' system be set up to give the optimum sound in the particular vehicle with everything at zero/flat? Adding eq is then altering the tonal balance of the sound as recorded/produced. Likewise proper home hifi doesn't have tone control.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I certainly wouldnt call the Canton setup premium. The bass levels are all over the place with the lower mids still really  lacking like the standard system. If I could I'd swap out the whole setup and opt or amped components and a 10" inc sub.

There was someone here a while back that swapped the Canton out for a dual coil sub in an enclosure. I'm still tempted by this

That was me, best thing I did as far as the base goes.

I'm not into window rattling base notes, but it just fills in what is missing using the puny little Canton sub.

Here's a comparison photo.

post-4222-0-78236400-1463038955_thumb.jpg

Still a 6.5" speaker and powered by the signal input from the original sub.

That was me, best thing I did as far as the base goes.

I'm not into window rattling base notes, but it just fills in what is missing using the puny little Canton sub.

Here's a comparison photo.

attachicon.gifDSC_0206.JPG

Still a 6.5" speaker and powered by the signal input from the original sub.

That fits in the same tiny enclosure the canton one sits in?

Wouldn't a well designed 'premium' system be set up to give the optimum sound in the particular vehicle with everything at zero/flat? Adding eq is then altering the tonal balance of the sound as recorded/produced. Likewise proper home hifi doesn't have tone control.

You'd have thought so. But with most different types of music, no matter what the source, I find that unless the bass is ramped up to 9 it sounds like it's being played on a mouse's walkman.

You'd have thought so. But with most different types of music, no matter what the source, I find that unless the bass is ramped up to 9 it sounds like it's being played on a mouse's walkman.

What is your current HU firmware version?

As I remember someone mentioned here that a firmware update cured the lack of bass problem in his case.

I have the newest FW for MIB1 Bolero and Amundsen, let me know if you are interested. Or ask your dealer to do an update.

If I set the bass and sub higher it is simply too much (I have an estate).

• Like 1

Agreed, to my ears

Agreed, otherwise I find that the fake sub (a proper sub plays up to 50Hz and not from 50Hz) has a detrimental effect on sound cleanness.

• Like 1

Sort of agree. But a home environment is inherently less 'noisy' than a car. The car produces droning, whirring and rumbling noises which can detract from audio quality and at worse cancel out frequencies. In an ideal scenario no tonal adjustment if fine. But in the car it's needed to overcome the all of thr noise frequencies

What is your current HU firmware version?

As I remember someone mentioned here that a firmware update cured the lack of bass problem in his case.

I have the newest FW for MIB1 Bolero and Amundsen, let me know if you are interested. Or ask your dealer to do an update.

Do you know what version?

I'm showing - one of my displays the following:

HW-Nr 204

SW-Nr 4311

Update 000000

HMI 14.01.2014

TextTool 14.03.214

ZPM 1.10

Not sure if this is the right info tho