Timing chain tensioner failure

Obadiah

Friend of mine bought a Yeti, after seeing ours. It's now one year and 13,000 miles old. He went in to book 1st service and was told it was making an unhealthy noise, which was diagnosed a timing chain tensioner. He was told not to drive it, supplied with a loan car. Now been told that the part is not carried in UK stock and it could take three weeks to ship the part from the factory and fit it.

Fortunately we are (still) good friends, but it's not a good advert fro Skoda!

Assuming the part is in stock at VW Group central European parts, it should be available at your local Skoda dealer within 48 hours at the latest. Their parts supply system is normally excellent.

Assuming the part is in stock at VW Group central European parts, it should be available at your local Skoda dealer within 48 hours at the latest. Their parts supply system is normally excellent.

I'm not sure about his dealer! When I was looking at buying an Octy 4x4 I went in there to find out about the four wheel drive system. Right up yo the service manager I got blank looks!

Bought, but elsewhere!

I think his dealer is telling porkies. He should be encouraged to ring SUK!

:thumbup:

I tend to think when I hear that the dealer is hoping to get a discount by putting in a larger order/saving postage for parts so making the one waiting for repairs wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it got repaired witching the three weeks, then, on the way home, the oil light came on. Recovered back to the dealer and sorted. Now it keeps showing random messages on the screen, but they say it's ok to drive until they sort it. Friend us happy, but I think I would be parking it on Skoda reception desk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friend of mine bought a Yeti, after seeing ours. It's now one year and 13,000 miles old. He went in to book 1st service and was told it was making an unhealthy noise, which was diagnosed a timing chain tensioner. He was told not to drive it, supplied with a loan car. Now been told that the part is not carried in UK stock and it could take three weeks to ship the part from the factory and fit it.

Fortunately we are (still) good friends, but it's not a good advert fro Skoda!

I thought they'd supposed to have sorted that problem with redesigned parts?