new DTUK CRD3+ - 3 channel tuning system

50 miles to first stop on P1+1 doesn't feel quite as strong at top, maybe because it's more balanced? Economy has shot up though by about 7mpg. Adjust for driving conditions, it's still around 3-4 mpg increase (yes I know the maxi is corrupted but it's a consistent error hopefully) 

• 9 months later...
On 19/05/2016 at 11:10, Andrew@DTUK said:

Ive not been online for a while, and after reading a few threads i thought id add my own feedback regarding the new 3 channel CRD3+

2 channel v's 3 channel..

If we go back 3 years, I'm sure i mentioned that there was a 3 channel kit available but at the time it required a 12v power supply, plus earth connection. For various reasons i didnt want to use these systems so went down the road of the 2 channel CRDT and subsequent CRDT+ systems. This option has been dyno'd on several occasions on various cars and has produced 235/248hp and 480/515nm.

Over the last couple of years I've  been running various cars (S3's RS3's M2's 1M's L200/ T5 Kombi) since handing over the VRS to one of our guys and ill be honest and say that the Octavis VRS is a car I miss on a daily basis, its such a complete all rounder and if they offered a manual 4X4 VRS TDI id have one in a heart beat.

So about a month ago i managed to pry the keys out of Simons hands (gave him the L200) and jumped into the VRS running the CRD3+ system. My initial feelings were that the car was certainly a lot more refined, and wasn't in your face as much as the last time id driven it with CRDT (2 channel).. I thought it had lost a bit of its "fun" factor, but on the other hand it was nice to be able to pull away without lighting up the front wheels. 

I ran the car for 2 weeks, and the more time i spent with the car the more i began to realise how much different the 3 channel felt to the 2 channel..  The 3 channel is a lot more refined, and one think found was that it simply pulled, pulled and pulled even more..  An analogy i use now to customers is that the CRDT is like a "quick sharp push in the back" where as the crd3 is a more "gradual/forcefull push"

We took a car to the dyno and ran CRDT map 1 plus 1, we then ran CRD3 Map 2 plus 2 and them CRD3 map 3 plus 1 and bhp and torque figures between the 3 files were virtually identical.

Im always saying that dyno figures don't tell the whole story, and if you run all 3 files on the road they all feel very very different even though under full throttle on the dyno the curves were virtually identical.

CRD3 software files.

map 1 - ??????

map 2 - this is map 2 from the CRDT but with a cam connection

map 3 - this is map 1 from CRDT but with a cam connection

why have i added ????? after map 1? well we've been over the moon with map 2 and 3, but on certain boxes we've had requests from customers to actually have the "in your face" map 1 of the crdt flashed onto their boxes.. So depending on the customers requests map 1 on certain CRD3 modules can be different, where as MAP 2 and MAP 3 are the same on each and every CRD3+ we've sold onto the 2.0 184ps 

So is the CRD3+ worth the extra £20 (including forum discounts) over the CRDT+? id say it is as for one thing it will extend the life of your tyres :)

if anyone is looking to purchase a kit, then follow this link

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=4932

at the top of the page if you add BRI80 the CRD3+ drops down to £379 plus £6.95 shipping

if anyone has purchased a CRDT+ (push button module) from us direct and would like to upgrade to the CRD3+ then this service is available. The costs are £96.95 inc vat and carriage, this is for the new loom (3 channel) and the software is free of charge. If you have bought a used CRDT+ and wish to upgrade, then the cost for this service is £186.95 as software is chargeable.]]

Hi Andrew can this box turn off the dpf egr and cat on my 2.0tdi 185 vrs if installed.. and what power do I gain from a straight pipe and an updated airfilter.

Just now, JohnnyType2 said:

tried the briskoda code and its not working in your store?

The code was for the old website and old boxes there are codes online at present 

SUM10 to save an extra £10

or SUM18 offers an extra 5% on the crd3 with app control 

Just now, Andrew@DTUK said:

The code was for the old website and old boxes there are codes online at present 

SUM10 to save an extra £10

or SUM18 offers an extra 5% on the crd3 with app control 

ok thanks, not as generous as i thought then 

1 minute ago, JohnnyType2 said:

ok thanks, not as generous as i thought then 

The old code offered £80 against the full RRP and not the online price that was discounted.

old CRD3+ was £376.95 to members 2 years ago, the updated crd3+that can be transferrred to petrols as well as diesels (old one was Diesel only) is £396.95

also the box has just been updated again and is now suitable for vehicles that use SENT digital sensors. Competitors are charging £550-£600 for a box with the same capabilities.

so yes the price has increased by £20 but the benefits far outweigh in increased costs :) 

Hi guys,

as this thresd has been brought back to life I may as well take the time to post details of the recent updates.

earlier in 2018 we launched a new range of boxes, this includes the CRD3+ that now comes with optional app control.

The casing looks the same but the electronics inside have been improved by ten fold.

The previous generation CRD14 module was suitable for diesel vehicles only that used analogue sensors. Alongside this we had the FSR14 for petrol cars, and SNT14 that was used for newer cars/engines that now use SENT dogirEl sensors 

at present Skoda only employ this tech within the new 1.5 TSI. It can also be found in the new 3.0 TDi as well as the 2.5/2.9/3.0 TFSI used by Audi and Porsche.

anyway earlier in the year the CRd14 ans FSR14 was replaced by the Powercontrol module.

this module is now suitable for both petrol and Diesel engines that use analogue sensors. Even though we market the FSR and CRd3 as seperate items they are actually the same box/electronics. The other added benefit is that this module also has the capability to cover both analogue and or digital sensors upto a maximum or 2 analogue 1 digital plus 1 cam sensor connections.

as mentioned above there is now a Bluetooth mobile app option too which adds the following benefits.

Some of our boxes are now available with optional “Bluetooth App Control” – that come with the following benefits

NEW Features:

Connect your smartphone directly with your DTUK Tuning Module

Acceleration for real-time measurements

Display of the longitudinal & lateral acceleration

Live Display of relevant sensor data

Activate & Deactivate the Tuning module using the APP

Select your favourite program & fine tune setting

Adjust the app’s onboard instruments & features

Set a specific warm up timer from 1-15 minutes to allow your engine to reach working temperature before the module is activated

Interchangeable between engine technologies Petrol / Diesel / Hybrid analogue applications & upgradeable to SENT applications.

Compatible with all devices runnin Android 7.0 & above and iOS 10 & above.

if anyone has any further questions please reply or drop me a DM

Andrew

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

Andrew, is the sensor data the true data or the "untampered" data? I've got a Bluetooth obd2 port reader primarily to check boost pressure settings (so I can check it's not varying wildly or over stressing the turbo etc) but I'm not sure if that's the actual sensor reading, or the signal after modification by the box. 

9 hours ago, Andrew@DTUK said:

Hi guys,

as this thresd has been brought back to life I may as well take the time to post details of the recent updates.

earlier in 2018 we launched a new range of boxes, this includes the CRD3+ that now comes with optional app control.

The casing looks the same but the electronics inside have been improved by ten fold.

The previous generation CRD14 module was suitable for diesel vehicles only that used analogue sensors. Alongside this we had the FSR14 for petrol cars, and SNT14 that was used for newer cars/engines that now use SENT dogirEl sensors 

at present Skoda only employ this tech within the new 1.5 TSI. It can also be found in the new 3.0 TDi as well as the 2.5/2.9/3.0 TFSI used by Audi and Porsche.

anyway earlier in the year the CRd14 ans FSR14 was replaced by the Powercontrol module.

this module is now suitable for both petrol and Diesel engines that use analogue sensors. Even though we market the FSR and CRd3 as seperate items they are actually the same box/electronics. The other added benefit is that this module also has the capability to cover both analogue and or digital sensors upto a maximum or 2 analogue 1 digital plus 1 cam sensor connections.

as mentioned above there is now a Bluetooth mobile app option too which adds the following benefits.

Some of our boxes are now available with optional “Bluetooth App Control” – that come with the following benefits

NEW Features:

Connect your smartphone directly with your DTUK Tuning Module

Acceleration for real-time measurements

Display of the longitudinal & lateral acceleration

Live Display of relevant sensor data

Activate & Deactivate the Tuning module using the APP

Select your favourite program & fine tune setting

Adjust the app’s onboard instruments & features

Set a specific warm up timer from 1-15 minutes to allow your engine to reach working temperature before the module is activated

Interchangeable between engine technologies Petrol / Diesel / Hybrid analogue applications & upgradeable to SENT applications.

Compatible with all devices runnin Android 7.0 & above and iOS 10 & above.

if anyone has any further questions please reply or drop me a DM

Andrew

If i sent my non BT module in could you BT it :P

oh btw you need to change your signature ;)

Edited by JohnnyType2

44 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

If i sent my non BT module in could you BT it :P

oh btw you need to change your signature ;)

that would be handy if it could be done. Or a case of send us your old one and get a significant discount on a new, upgraded version. Staying with the brand and all that.

Does the updated module cause less limp mode? That would be a deal maker for me.

Have taken my unit off, it was the only issue with an otherwise very reliable car.

Wouldn't be without the pedal box though.

On 19/08/2018 at 23:12, j1mg said:

Does the updated module cause less limp mode? That would be a deal maker for me.

Have taken my unit off, it was the only issue with an otherwise very reliable car.

Wouldn't be without the pedal box though.

On all settings? That's not great...

I'm interested after all of the initial hype and hyperbole what the user experience has been with regard to settings and reliability, but that's a separate topic that I'll make elsewhere. FWIW, I've used mine in P2, 0 for last 10-12k miles without any problems apart from one moment in France, when it refused to work at all until I switched it off. I've had a sphincter twitch moment of sudeen limp mode only onve when using P2 +1 setting, which had been fine for the previous 5k or so miles. I've just tried P2 +2 for the first time, no immediate isues, but I couldn't trust it sufficiently to drive it across country with any real conviction just in case.