Paint troubles

I've recently just started on the bodywork of my Fabia vRS, stripped the bumpers back etc. Just got round to painting and the paint code in the boot is 9102, diamond silver, although on having some paint mixed it has come out a shade darker, I'm sure if this because I used a grey primer and it's only the first coat and it'll get lighter or if the 9102 paint code has run through into variou years and I picked the wrong one but a man from Skoda parts told me otherwise. Any help would be handy and if it isn't the right paint, any ideas where I could the right one in something bigger than a 150ml touch up bottle would be fab too.

Thanks

Jacob

I had similar troubles recently painting parts on my fabia SE, colour is race blue and they only made one shade, however the parts paitned looked a little bit darker, the paint company i use gto in touch with somone who gave them the paint code for a lighter version... if thats any help!

Most paint codes have numerous different shade's,when you get it mixed they either have a book of all the shades to get the nearest or they use a machine which they put on the car that will tell them the nearest shade.

Off the shelf paint just going by the code will rarely match your existing paint work.

I had similar troubles recently painting parts on my fabia SE, colour is race blue and they only made one shade, however the parts paitned looked a little bit darker, the paint company i use gto in touch with somone who gave them the paint code for a lighter version... if thats any help!

What paint company was it? The only paint mixing place I have locally to me is a Halfords...

Most paint codes have numerous different shade's,when you get it mixed they either have a book of all the shades to get the nearest or they use a machine which they put on the car that will tell them the nearest shade.

Off the shelf paint just going by the code will rarely match your existing paint work.

It was a mixed paint, I'll probably just have to get a lighter shade mixed

What paint company was it? The only paint mixing place I have locally to me is a Halfords...

It was a mixed paint, I'll probably just have to get a lighter shade mixed

So they matched a shade card to your car?

Or you just asked for the paint code off car?

Isn't silver one of the most difficult colours to match back to the original car. Or is that just made up by people/body shops doing poor jobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gav_is_con

Silver and metallic can look darker if the paint is loaded on too quickly the metallics bunch up, and as above the angle can affect the outcome, silver is a hard colour to match hence if you only painted a wing the rest of the side would look different.

• Like 1