First mule photographed

See, I look at the top pic and think that's kind of cool, I even really like the colour if im honest with the gloss black touches........ then I look at the bottom pic and its just snoozville

I agree. But it is clear the concept had wheel arch opening that were sized to fit those 20" or 21" wheels. The production model has smaller wheel arch openings to still make an 18" wheel look good. Sadly Skoda have not looked at how Renault did this with their new Megane and next year's Scenic. The latter specifically has VERY big wheels just like the concept to make it look good.

• Like 1

Dunno if this is old news but here are some (presumably genuine) interior shots: http://avtovesti.com/salon-skoda-kodiaq-na-novyx-foto/

I like the vertical blower grilles and the massive telly in the middle of the dashboard.

Hmmm. Nothing wrong with the shapes and layout but heck you can see Audi/VW told Škoda to keep their fingers out of the silver drawer! I'd have expected a tiny sliver of silver somewhere as opposed to this drab all black plastic affair...

Hmmm. Nothing wrong with the shapes and layout but heck you can see Audi/VW told Škoda to keep their fingers out of the silver drawer! I'd have expected a tiny sliver of silver somewhere as opposed to this drab all black plastic affair...

Yep, agreed. I'd hope that's just a feature of the prototype and the production car will be better finished. No badge on the steering wheel, etc. I wonder what the big sticker over the passenger side dash is covering? Some form of screen a la the concept model? Though they did say that the real thing wasn't going to get anything like that.

Look again and you'll see that the majority of details around air vents, central display and elsewhere are taped over with black tape. Half of the dashboard on the passenger side is taped over even. Pretty sure they wouldn't do that if there would be only black trims to hide  ;)

Yep, agreed. I'd hope that's just a feature of the prototype and the production car will be better finished. No badge on the steering wheel, etc. I wonder what the big sticker over the passenger side dash is covering? Some form of screen a la the concept model? Though they did say that the real thing wasn't going to get anything like that.

Again, there is a badge on the steering wheel, only covered with black patch. Probably just some decorative elements on the passenger side or some graphics similar to Fabia. 

Edit: Looking again at how only the whole central part of the dashboard is covered (from side to side / from door to door) I'm pretty certain there must be a similar decorative insert as in Fabia. Meaning there will be a few design options to choose from I guess. Decorative elements on the doors are covered as well...

Edited by PekoSI

Look again and you'll see that the majority of details around air vents, central display and elsewhere are taped over with black tape. Half of the dashboard on the passenger side is taped over even. Pretty sure they wouldn't do that if there would be only black trims to hide  ;)

Yup. They have to leave some surprise for the launch!

Let's also hope part of that is NOT having those awful 1980s buttons to either side of the radio screen. They look like nothing Škoda has done, since well the 80s. Let's hope they do what is their current design with bigger buttons with silver raised ridges between.

I'm surprised at how many conclusions are being drawn from a gaffer-taped mule. 

Every critical line of the car is either hidden or distorted to hell and back. All of the external and internal details and brightwork are either omitted or heavily disguised with the aforementioned black gaffer tape.

Relax and wait for the official unveiling that isn't too far off. I for one will probably have a Kodiaq to replace my Superb when the time comes. 

Oh, and is that a camera in the door mirror at 1:38 in the Autobild video? 

• Like 1

It is since there is an option for "360° bird view" of the kodiaq's surroundings. 4 cameras are needed then everything is "stitched up" by software together with an image of a car in the middle.

It is since there is an option for "360° bird view" of the kodiaq's surroundings. 4 cameras are needed then everything is "stitched up" by software together with an image of a car in the middle.

It's about time! Loads of cars have had this kit for ages now. 

I'm surprised at how many conclusions are being drawn from a gaffer-taped mule. 

Every critical line of the car is either hidden or distorted to hell and back. All of the external and internal details and brightwork are either omitted or heavily disguised with the aforementioned black gaffer tape.

Relax and wait for the official unveiling that isn't too far off. I for one will probably have a Kodiaq to replace my Superb when the time comes. 

Completely agree with all of this. Living in Coventry I see taped up mules of Jags and Range Rovers all the time on the roads and they look almost nothing like the production vehicles.

I'm also thinking that I'll probably be a Kodiaq owner in about 4 years time, by which time I sincerely hope the hybrid at least is available!

• Like 1

Dunno if this is old news but here are some (presumably genuine) interior shots: http://avtovesti.com/salon-skoda-kodiaq-na-novyx-foto/

I like the vertical blower grilles and the massive telly in the middle of the dashboard.

If this is true, and it's no screen behind the steering wheel. I will been sooo disappointed.

In that case I will be going for Tiguan

:-(

If this is true, and it's no screen behind the steering wheel. I will been sooo disappointed.

In that case I will be going for Tiguan

:-(

Not sure how could have missed the screen between the rev counter and speedometer? Which is behind the steering wheel...

skoda-kodiaq-interior-2.jpg

Not sure how could have missed the screen between the rev counter and speedometer? Which is behind the steering wheel...

skoda-kodiaq-interior-2.jpg

Sorry. I wasn't clear in my statement. Off course I saw that little screen. I have it in my Octavia. Talking about a real screen. Virtual dashboard. Edited by Teacer

Sorry. I wasn't clear in my statement. Off course I saw that little screen. I have it in my Octavia. Talking about a real screen. Virtual dashboard.

Ah!!!

Yes well the big boys have to keep something for themselves! It will trickle down in due course but I think they want that tech for themselves for now.

Ah!!!

Yes well the big boys have to keep something for themselves! It will trickle down in due course but I think they want that tech for themselves for now.

But Skoda Superb has it so I believe that Kodiaq will got it too. I panicked when I saw that photo :-)

But Skoda Superb has it so I believe that Kodiaq will got it too. I panicked when I saw that photo :-)

Unfortunately Superb has no such option. It has pretty much the same setup as Octavia with color maxi-dot. This I know for sure since I had one over the weekend last autumn with ALL available options and it did not have any virtual cockpit or anything similar. There are rumours however that Kodiaq might have such option so you can only hope for now :)

Audi - VW usually do keep the best features for them selves and their premium models, on trickle down later, 

but then VW - Audi Dealerships are keeping cars that are nor selling because the VW Group were caught out being little liars.

So if the European / Czech brand that is Skoda goes on sale in the US then they might get lots of goodies.

As it is they might well be getting built in VW factories in the US of A.