GFB DV+

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if this is a worth while upgrade? I have read that a lot use this once they have mapped the car etc or running higher boost but would this not be a perfectly good upgrade for factory setup also?

My car is still under Warranty but it looks like a simple task to replace back to factory should i ever needed to claim etc...

Was just curious on any thoughts on this??

I've got one on mine and it's a good piece of kit. There is no hesitation when you drop a cog or two and your bang on the power.

Have you watched the YouTube video on how it works

Yes i have watched the video on this and looks like a good piece of kit.

Looks like there would be less hesitation when you drop the gearing with the way it works. 

But i have no engine modifications on mine and thats why i was wondering if it would be any good 

I've got one and all seems fine too me. Although, i thought I'd be clever by ordering it from Australia as it was cheaper but then didn't think about the £25 VAT I had to pay before it was delivered lol. Which after fitting brought the saving down to nothing!

I'd imagine there would be no problems in fitting it on a standard car

13334296_1346796295347032_1381355081_o.ja friend did send me this picture . lol just noticed that only the german site states that there might be clearance issues if you have less 2 cm space behind the valve housing

Edited by fabianoh5n1

It's a very tight fit. Takes some pushing and squeezing to get it in place and once in it pushes against the pipe but the pipe itself is so strong that it's not a problem.

On a standard car you'd probably only benefit from the GFB's progressive venting, meaning less hesitation during quick lift-off and re-applying throttle, not any extra boost to be dealt with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Good upgrade but...

I have found that the spring offers no measurable increase to acceleration and the car will have a code stored for mechanical malfunction of the diverter valve with it left in.

Also in 3 years I've had to replace the O ring twice as it flattened and leaked boost.

Edited by FlexibleMouse