Beige interior restrictions to be lifted....?

I spoke to a dealer (in Ireland) yesterday and they informed me that the beige leather interior would be available soon on the Style (SE L) models. They told me it was a temporary restriction and the factory will be taking orders with beige interior again from around July. I'm trying to decide between a 150 Style DSG and a few extras or, a 150 L&K manual - as its my own money I can't quite justify the €4K premium for the L&K anymore, especially the Irish spec. Beige is a deal breaker for me though and they told me they could definitely accept an order with beige on a Style in a couple of months time but not for another few weeks. I would be ordering for January 17 anyway so don't need to order yet.

I'm assuming this is not just for the Irish market if it is a factory issue. Hopefully this is actually true (it was a dealer telling me this after all!). Also, I was informed that lead times are coming back in line with the more usual 12 week delivery..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree & don't think the Irish L&K is worth the money, I would personally go with a Style & add a few options (definitely upgrade the Alloys as the 17's look too small in my opinion. 18's are very comfortable & refined even on our joke of roads!!! That's great news about beige coming back as an option.... any colour you're leaning towards Superb170 ??

18” come as standard on SE L / style in the UK, do they not in Ireland? The spec seems really weird in Ireland from what I've seen you guys posting on here!

I agree & don't think the Irish L&K is worth the money, I would personally go with a Style & add a few options (definitely upgrade the Alloys as the 17's look too small in my opinion. 18's are very comfortable & refined even on our joke of roads!!! That's great news about beige coming back as an option.... any colour you're leaning towards Superb170 ??

At the moment, I'm thinking 150 Style DSG hatch in lava (petrol blue) adding 18" Pegasus wheels, sunset glass, paddles (if DSG) and electric boot

• Like 1

18” come as standard on SE L / style in the UK, do they not in Ireland? The spec seems really weird in Ireland from what I've seen you guys posting on here!

No, 17s are standard on the Style over here. It was the same with the S2. The strange thing is that 18s are not actually standard in any spec level in Ireland! It's 17s on the Style and 19s on the L&K!! You either upgrade the Style or downgrade on the L&K. When you consider the state of most of our roads in Ireland I really wonder what the importers here were thinking of with the L&K....

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 1

It's interesting to read about "restrictions" and model choices around the world.

Beige has always been an option here in Australia and we only have one trim level - Style.

http://cc-sea-cloud.skoda-auto.com/aus/aus/en-au

As far as I know there isn't a problem with the beige interior colour. I also note that the smallest rim we are offered is the 18 inch variety.

Then again, we only have three engine choices with one gearbox.

Try out our configurator (link above) and see what I mean.

• Like 1

It's interesting to read about "restrictions" and model choices around the world.

Beige has always been an option here in Australia and we only have one trim level - Style.

http://cc-sea-cloud.skoda-auto.com/aus/aus/en-au

As far as I know there isn't a problem with the beige interior colour. I also note that the smallest rim we are offered is the 18 inch variety.

Then again, we only have three engine choices with one gearbox.

Try out our configurator (link above) and see what I mean.

That's very interesting. Two petrol and one diesel and DSG only. Your colour options are even more limited than over here. Have a look on the Czech configurator and I think there is something like 86 different colour combinations! Your factory options list is also quite limited. Hopefully the Skoda brand expands more in Australia and you get more choices.

On the beige leather issue, it appears to be a factory supply issue so I imagine it impacts most markets however, if overall supply is relatively low in Australia anyway, it's probably not too impacted by the restrictions.

No, 17s are standard on the Style over here. It was the same with the S2. The strange thing is that 18s are not actually standard in any spec level in Ireland! It's 17s on the Style and 19s on the L&K!! You either upgrade the Style or downgrade on the L&K. When you consider the state of most of our roads in Ireland I really wonder what the importers here were thinking of with the L&K....

How bizarre! It really is odd the regional variations. I don't understand why there are limitations, especially on things like paint. If the factory can make them with dozens of colours, why wouldn't you pass that choice onto all consumers? I can't imagine it costs more or something, especially when you're paying £535 for almost all the colours in the UK!

And yet Ireland gets the 19" rims as standard for L&K but they're a £650 option in the UK - where's the logic? I honestly don't get it!

At the moment, I'm thinking 150 Style DSG hatch in lava (petrol blue) adding 18" Pegasus wheels, sunset glass, paddles (if DSG) and electric boot

Good choice! If your budget allows, I would seriously consider adding the Panoramic sun roof as well, it transforms the cabin with the amount of light it lets in, & in the weather we are enjoying now it's a dream!!!

maffyou and Superb170 - I noticed the colour options a little while ago and posted about it on another site.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f150/next-gen-superb-17-2-15-a-103346-18.html#post1181078

It seems Skoda Australia are trying to keep the brand small here. Even New Zealand gets more colours and options than we do.

If you'd like to have a giggle, I posted up a story about my purchasing experience.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f150/superb-purchase-experience-112819.html

• Like 3

Sounds very nice, any idea on waiting times for Ireland at the moment?

maffyou and Superb170 - I noticed the colour options a little while ago and posted about it on another site.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f150/next-gen-superb-17-2-15-a-103346-18.html#post1181078

It seems Skoda Australia are trying to keep the brand small here. Even New Zealand gets more colours and options than we do.

If you'd like to have a giggle, I posted up a story about my purchasing experience.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f150/superb-purchase-experience-112819.html

Loved reading that! Both realistic and very entertaining :)

• Like 1

Sounds very nice, any idea on waiting times for Ireland at the moment?

Well they told me it will revert to about 12 weeks from the middle of the summer onwards. Some earlier orders with unusual extras added are still coming through a bit longer than that but it's levelling out now apparently. They told me that ordering in October would be fine for an early 171 plate. That was in Clonmel (I work there so handy for having a quick test drive and sounding out stuff) and I haven't spoken to Waterford yet. Will be interesting to see how things run with the new dealership in Waterford. Are you planning to change next year yourself?

• Like 2

Fantastic reading, and I have to say refreshing. Sadly all too few people have a good command of English spelling, grammar and syntax these days. Keep it coming!

• Like 1

Well they told me it will revert to about 12 weeks from the middle of the summer onwards. Some earlier orders with unusual extras added are still coming through a bit longer than that but it's levelling out now apparently. They told me that ordering in October would be fine for an early 171 plate. That was in Clonmel (I work there so handy for having a quick test drive and sounding out stuff) and I haven't spoken to Waterford yet. Will be interesting to see how things run with the new dealership in Waterford. Are you planning to change next year yourself?

Yeah, still plan on changing up next Feb/March. Good to know don't want to leave it to late in the year to order. New dealer?? I know George Corbetts are starting servicing, did they get a full dealership??

Yeah, still plan on changing up next Feb/March. Good to know don't want to leave it to late in the year to order. New dealer?? I know George Corbetts are starting servicing, did they get a full dealership??

George Corbett will have the main dealership now and Barretts will be service agent for the time being AFAIK