Unidentified Plastic Object

Hi guys, picked up my Lava Blue S3 L&K hatch 190 DSG a week ago and been loving it. :D

The night after I picked up the car I noticed that there was a stray piece of plastic on the back seat. As you can see from the photos it looks like it was ripped out of something rather violently.

The plastic is black and has a cheap feel to it (for the lack of a better description). It is about half the size of the car key fob. It has a Skoda logo stamped on the back of it too.

Any idea where it might be from? Or perhaps some foreign object left behind by the folks at the dealership?

Appreciate any input and wild guesses :)

68e1192213536d75a015b0c589da6af6.jpg

82e786be7e120b43002ef1df9f22076f.jpg

c6085230b0040090c9da31ddfa9d8733.jpg

630bcb46d2264122d0dce0fb2fdd506e.jpg

Sitting in the back, looking at the bottom of the front seat - there are plastic covers either side, is it one of these?

They are there to cover the seat runners.

• Like 1

It could be the cover for one of the motors under your seat. Coops is also on the money as those covers do fall of too easily.

It could also be part of the under seat aircon duct, that would be my guess.

Edited by blahde2
  • Like 1

Some good guesses, guys. Although it seems like it's still a mystery after inspecting the back of both front seats rolling them back and forth. :S

Really appreciate the input so far though!

fc42c8f71ed47457833b6eca48024c9a.jpg

I found this same piece of plastic on the passenger footwell of my SII. It had come off the runner/rails at the front of the passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this same piece of plastic on the passenger footwell of my SII. It had come off the runner/rails at the front of the passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah... close but no cigar. I've rolled both front seats all the way back and all 4 rails look quite intact. Unless I'm missing something?

Looks like we have a cold case here.

bd4b923c7ce34ce66b9a0514056e47cc.jpg

It is possibly just a throw away piece of plastic thats is used on the assembley line to protect another object that is fitted to the car. Used to make things like this to protect double glazing units in transit. Its just an injection moulded part with skoda emblem and date stamp for manufacture. Just an educated guess mind!