Yeti 2016 (FL) list of VCDS changes?

Great Yeti

Hi Guys. Looking for some information if you please:

We have just ordered a new (It will be a MY 2017 as it is a factory order) Yeti SE Outdoor with DSG to replace our almost six year old yeti. Shortly after we purchased our Yeti in 2010 (MY 2011 - Pre FL) we had some VCDS changes done. Namely: (1) Large MPH display (change of country etc. (2) Cornering Fog Lights and (3) Needle Sweep.

My question. Does anyone here just happen to have worked on any MY 2016 Yeti's and have a list of what is available via VCDS? With some vehicle controllers etc having been changed since we purchased our first Yeti, I am wondering if the three items already mentioned are still possible and if any new ones are available, such as rear lights on with DRLs - Second Fog Light - CC display etc etc.

I managed to get the second Fog lamp working on our current vehicle by means of a home made transistorised circuit, so no Can-Bus problems! and the dealer activated the rear light option for us. I would dearly like to be able to do all these things with VCDS if it's possible though.

I did do some fairly comprehensive searching but could not find anything before troubling you and writing here. But no luck. Anyway, many thanks in anticipation............... Tony

All the previous adaptions in this post including the ones tabled in post #16 should still be relevant in the current Yeti. Only one person has said that the large MPH cant be done, but others have done it so suspect operator error.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/

I've experienced some rejected coding in dash panel for large MPH display on more than a hand full of cars. All my 2016 vehicles.

I managed to find some instances of this and is why I asked the question of anyone who had actually worked on MY 2016 Yetis and knew what worked and what did not (or had problems with coding). The reply by Kenny (many thanks by the way!) very often refers to other models and so i am not sure what works with a Yeti or not.

Thanks for helping out - anyone else with experience of the question as posed. Any information would be gratefully received...........Tony

• 1 month later...

I tried to encode steering wheel with shift paddles on my 2016 Yeti, but have not got it to work, yet ...... VCDS says ok, but it still doesn't work :(  

I tried to encode steering wheel with shift paddles on my 2016 Yeti, but have not got it to work, yet ...... VCDS says ok, but it still doesn't work :(  

Hi Xsandor. :-)

Have you done any VCDS changes on your MY 2016 Yeti.  Can you tell me what they are please? I have a new Yeti (MY 2017) on order and wonder what I can do with VCDS on 2016 / 2017 Yeti's.

I am new to owning a VCDS unit but had some modifications [Large MPH display - Cornering Fogs - Needle Sweep] done by a good friend 6 years ago on our present Yeti. I have been reading some of the threads here on Briskoda. Many of which are for Octavias etc, and seem to contradict each other. It would appear that great caution is needed with VCDS as on some of the latest vehicles, some of the VCDS options either lock you out or are non reversible! That is why I was wondering what is able to be done on a late model Yeti. I think that maybe the problem is waiting for Ross Tech to catch up with a new software release?

I would really like to have the Large MPH display - Cornering Fogs - Needle Sweep and the Second Rear Fog lamp [previously not available on the pre-facelift Yeti], if that is possible? 

Good luck with the "Paddles" - Thank you.............Tony

PS: My VCDS is HEX-USB+CAN - Just in case that helps.

Edited by Great Yeti

Hi Great Yeti, the paddles are the only things I've tried to change yet.

Good Morning Xsandor - Thanks for that - Please do let me know if you manage to do anything else......................Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning Xsandor - Thanks for that - Please do let me know if you manage to do anything else......................Tony

Hi Great Yeti, I have a 2016 Yeti Outdoor 2.0L 4x4.

So far I've turned on corner lighting, Hillhold, Front wiper tear wipe, needle sweep, cruise control display in dash, I also fitted my own tow bar and module but was only able to activate towbar in the engine module with the latest vcds 16.8, prior to this release I could not access the engine module, even with the beta releases.

I do not need the large mph as we're in km here in Southern Ireland, so I can;t help there.

I tried to turn on rain closing with the beta releases but it did not work.

I have mirrorlink in the car as it was free with the car, however, as with other users, I cannot use it when the car is moving, a rediculous situation, I'm hoping to find a solution to this in the infotainment module, but have not had time to look yet.

Hope this is of some use

Cheers

Liam

Thanks for that Liam.

Good to hear that you were able to do the VCDS changes that you wanted. There are a few stories on here that seem to indicate that changes via VCDS on the latest models may be problematic. At least one comment says that we should be very careful until a new (updated) version is issued by Ross Tech, as some changes currently cannot be reversed in case of problems on some 2016/17 models.

I particularly would like to have the large MPH in the Maxidot as I have really got used to it over the past six years of Yeti ownership, and am hoping that it will still be available on our new (MY 2017) Yeti when it arrives. Like you I would opt for the Cornering Fogs & Needle sweep (we have both of them currently). We tried for the Cruise Control display with our current Yeti, but it was unfortunately not supported. We could select it in VCDS, but nothing happened in the display.

Anyway, many thanks for taking the time to reply. It is most appreciated...............Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Great Yeti,

May I ask if you have had any success in showing the large MPH in the Maxidot display? I've just changed my 2011 Yeti 1.2 for a new 1.2 DSG and was hoping to have the large MPH in the Maxidot as I had in the previous car. It's a feature I really like and find very useful. My dealer "unofficially" tried to make the change but despite the location being changed to Australia and apparently accepted, it did not work.

Regards.

Jim

Hi Jim.

We are still waiting for our new Yeti - Due to be built next week! So cannot throw anymore light on the situation - Sorry.

As today [1st Sept] is the day when many new MY 2017 Yeti's will be taken delivery of. Perhaps we can expect more definitive answers to the questions of what is, & what is not, possible.....We can only hope!.........................Tony

Thanks Tony,

As you say, we can only hope! The function is so useful I'm surprised Skoda haven't simply incorporated it into the Maxidot menu. I can't imagine it would cost anything.

Jim

• Like 1

My wife and I are really enjoying our new Yeti which seems even better than the last one. However our enjoyment is marred by the apparent inability to have the large MPH displayed in the Maxidot window as we had on the last car. This may be a naive question but in view of the interest in this subject has anyone any idea if an approach has been made to Skoda UK to make the feature available? In my opinion this option would satisfy customers' requirements, improve customer relations and, not least, improve road safety.

Jim

• Like 1

Re the above post, I've now contacted Skoda and been advised that under EU legislation, it is a legal requirement throughout Europe - including the UK - to display a vehicle’s speed in both MPH and KPH and that this can be achieved by use of either a dual display instrument dial, or a single display dial and a digital display. The use of a secondary digital display often occurs in vehicles which have a small speedometer dial, such as the ŠKODA Yeti Outdoor. I was advised that for this reason, it is not possible for the digital display to be changed to display MPH. I asked if regardless of the legality, and in view of the fact that Yetis are sold in non-EU countries where the large MPH can be displayed, it was technically possible to make the desired change as I had done to my previous Yeti. I was simply told that they could not comment on that.

So much for that idea then! It looks like those of us who want to make the change will have to wait until the technical experts in our midst come up with a solution.

Jim

I enabled it on my 2016 Yeti using Carista

Good morning Darrell.

For more clarity. Please can you tell us when your car was registered, so that we may discern it's model year?...............Tony

• 2 weeks later...

For information: the previous advice given by Gizmo68 re enabling the large MPH in the Yeti's Maxidot display still works providing it is followed to the letter.

Jim

Has it worked on a 2016+ car?

I've not attempted it on any recently but VCDS has had at least 3 updates since.

I took delivery of my new Yeti 1.2 SE DSG on 1st September, 2016 - works just fine!

Jim

Thanks Jim - That is GREAT news for many here 

Thanks for clarifying. I'll test it on some cars in work this coming week.

James, please let us know if do you manage any other modifications eg: Cornering fogs - Needle sweep - Rear lights with front DRLs. - Twin rear fogs [not previously possible on Yeti] etc etc

.................Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Just got several coding changes successfully done on my MY17 L&K by friendly Tech at Main agent - these were:

Enabling Alarm Acknowledgement - on locking (also works for unlocking but not kept) (advised used byte 5 bit 7 not bit 1)
Large MPH display (optional by Alternate Speed Display setting) using "Australia"
Enabling Alternate Speed Display option on Maxidot settings
Display Cruise Control Speed on Maxidot (bottom left of Maxidot instead of overall mileage when Cruise control switched on)

These seemed the most useful "information" changes available on various posts here (& on "other" forum - I hope I'm using correct terminology here smiley1.gif).

One bonus of having the large MPH & Alternate Speed Display is that the outside temp is visible all the time instead of "UK standard" kph on Maxidot MFD.

I'm pretty sure that Large MPH is from GPS on the Amundsen 2 (can anyone confirm/agree/ disagree?)

Coding that the man couldn't apply were:
Enable ATA Confirm on Maxidot Comfort menu
Change Coming/Leaving Home front lights to Fogs
Comfort Turn Signals from 3 to 5 flashes
Staging (needle sweep)

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to apply these (especially Fogs & Turn signal changes) on MY17 vehicles or earlier.

Hope info useful & for help with remaining "wants"