VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

How do I enable 'staging'? (needle sweep when ignition is turned on, needs the latest white MFD on newer cars)

go to 17- Instruments and click on "Adaptation - 10"

On the drop down list find "staging" and activate it.

(screen shots may be added at a later date, but you really shouldn't need any more than the ones above)

• Like 4

How do I silence the automatic tailgate warning beeps? (Superb Combi with electric tailgate)

go to 6D - Trunk Elect and click on “Coding - 07"

Byte 1 Bit 5 “Tone Generator Installed” - untick this box.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Briskoda, myself and Ross-Tech can accept no liability for any damage you do to any vehicle whilst carrying out any adaptations, these adaptations are working perfectly in many cars, but we cannot possibly guarantee they will work in every car made for every market.

Any changes you make are done entirely at your own risk.

How do I display the large MPH display on my maxidot? (needs the latest white maxidot display on newer cars - THIS MAY NO LONGER WORK ON MY12 ONWARDS CARS, I TRIED TO CODE A MAY 2012 SUPERB AND IT REJECTED THE CODE!!)

This worked on my June 2012 octavia vRS, thanks

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

How do I enable the remote closing of the automatic tailgate? (Superb / Octavia Combi with electric tailgate)

go to 6D - Trunk Elect and click on “Security Access -16
Enter the security code 12345
?Go to “Adaptation - 10”
(4)-Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch-Tap function for closing
Enter the New Value as Activate
Click DO It!
(4)-Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key-Tap function for closing

Enter the New Value as Activate
Click DO It!

Note there are two options:
Touch function for closing" requires you to hold in the button until the door is closed. If you release the button the door motion will stop.
"Tap function for closing" just needs a single push on the button to close the door.

Thanks to wokwon for the coding

• Like 3

the touch function is ok despite one thing - it always stops in the middle - and you have to press and hold the button again. The better option for me is a tap function - so just you press the button once. The only changewith this option is - that if you press the button for opening, and press it again - the tailgate will stop - and the next press will start closing instead of fully opening

Coming home via fog lights

09 - Central Electric

Byte 17

Bit 3 - to check

Easy entry

/moves the driver seat backwards after removing the ignition key, and move it forwards when you stick it inside the ignition/

Channel 36

Adaptation on Channel 60

Columbus hidden menu

/you enter it with the setup button hold for 30 sec/

37 - Navi

10- Adaptation

Channel 50

new input - 1

Blinking stop lights with emergency braking

09 - Central electric

07- long coding

Byte 16

Bit 1 and 2

Changing the front lights washer time

09- Central Electric

10- adaptation

Channel 26

Change the value from 4 to 8

Edited by siekla
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi DrPinball..

I've checked your document and I've cannot found the Byte 17 - Bit 0 description (under 09 - Cent Elect).

I guess this bit enable or disable cornering lights with the blinkers...

Here is my list for the cornering lights bits:

(1 => Enable, 0 => Disable)

Byte 12 - Bit 4 => Enable/Disable cornering lights activation time limited

Byte 14 - Bit 7 => Enable/Disable cornering lights via front fog lights

Byte 26 - Bit 6 => Enable/Disable Sharing Cornering Both Sides When Reversing

Byte 17 - Bit 0 => Enable/Disable cornering lights via blinkers

Edited by cpa
  • Like 2

Hi DrPinball..

I've checked your document and I've cannot found the Byte 17 - Bit 0 description (under 09 - Cent Elect).

I guess this bit enable or disable cornering lights with the blinkers...

Yep, having the same issue - I also found that when I enabled the cruise control display it cheerfully appeared once - and once only - never seen it since. This one has been widely reportrd as disabled now though. The other one that's foxed me to date is the teardrop wipe for the front windscreen, can't find it on the Yeti for love nor money.

I've been finding quite a few more tricks in VCDS recently including the elusive front teardrop wipe (I'll post that soon as it's on paper at the moment) and here is the correct coding to get a Amundsen+ RNS315 RVC low-line RGB Camera to work by correctly coding (in this case my Yeti) in a album that shows my £60 reverse RVC install (http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Parking-Camera-for-RNS315-RNS510-810-RCD510-Rear-View-Reverse-Backup-Camera-/171036204250?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item27d28d5cda):-

Happy to help if anyone else want to take the plunge!

• Like 3

Yep, having the same issue - I also found that when I enabled the cruise control display it cheerfully appeared once - and once only - never seen it since. This one has been widely reportrd as disabled now though. The other one that's foxed me to date is the teardrop wipe for the front windscreen, can't find it on the Yeti for love nor money.

Found the front wiper teardrop enable at last:-

Cent Elect - 09

Coding – 07

Select drop down menu 1 -- 5L2 955 119 B – SK356

Long coding helper (ignore warning)

Byte 1 - Bit 3

• 1 month later...

This did not work on my MY11 superb combi.

I will endeavour to see if there is another way to do this after I get my own VCDS.

Thanks for the advice/help though.

Paul

Briskoda, myself and Ross-Tech can accept no liability for any damage you do to any vehicle whilst carrying out any adaptations, these adaptations are working perfectly in many cars, but we cannot possibly guarantee they will work in every car made for every market.

Any changes you make are done entirely at your own risk.

How do I display the large MPH display on my maxidot? (needs the latest white maxidot display on newer cars - THIS MAY NO LONGER WORK ON SOME MY12 ONWARDS CARS, I TRIED TO CODE A MAY 2012 SUPERB AND IT REJECTED THE CODE!!)imgp6365z.jpgYou will need maxidot fitted to the car (as shown above) and someone with VCDS to change the country setting to Australia:To set the country to Australia:To change the country go to 17- Instruments and click on "Coding - 07"17-Instruments-1.pngThen click on "Long Coding Helper"17coding-1.jpgFinally under Bit 4 select "70 Country: Australia (AUS)"Longcoding-Australia-1.jpgExit this screen and you will return to the previous screen (with the current & new coding displayed) you see that the long coding has changed, click on "Do it!" all will then be saved.Once you have made the changes with VCDS you then need to go into the maxi-dot menu:SETTINGSUnits,"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),thenSETTINGS"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is tickedYou can also remove the KPH display and replace it with the outside temperature:SETTINGSand unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display) The above adaptations have been made personally by myself on numerous Octavia MKII, Yeti and Superb MKII vehicles.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, can someone please help me with a thing, i want to know if i can code my maxi-dot in showing the speed wich i'm travelling,like in the photos above using VCDS.My car is Skoda Octi 2 vrs, year 2008.I've read on the forum some posts but i couldn't find anything.

Cosmin

Hello guys, can someone please help me with a thing, i want to know if i can code my maxi-dot in showing the speed wich i'm travelling,like in the photos above using VCDS.My car is Skoda Octi 2 vrs, year 2008.I've read on the forum some posts but i couldn't find anything.

Cosmin

I don't think it works on pre FL cars. I have the same car including year as you and I couldn't get it to work. Only changes everything to KM's :-(