Dodgy Configurator?

Looking to buy a new Fabia estate for mum. The 'configurator' tells me that one of the differences between the 'S' and 'SE' standard specifications is 16" Mato alloys. This doesn't 'configure'. Is it a typo or does the SE 2017 model which I understand the configurator reflects, have 16" wheels as standard?

I could ask my local dealer but my confidence in my local dealer is pretty low. When I visited earlier in the year to see a car shown as stock on the Skoda website, it wasn't there and had never been there. It is still listed as a stock item. Configure that.

Edited by phil.s

I think that it's just a typo.

The standard wheel for an S is a 15" steel wheel, the standard for an SE is the 15" Mato alloy.

I think that Skoda UK are trying to point out that the SE gets alloys as standard and just got the wrong size.

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that the spelling of 'telephone' in that link is also beyond them so I'll take the whole conflagrator {sic} with a degree of scepticism.

Mum likes to have brochures in front of her to leaf through. Normally I dismiss them as out of date as soon as they're printed but I inadvertently clicked a box asking for one to be sent to her home address. Was this wasteful? Could it be relied upon for specifications in the purchase contract with the dealer?

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that the spelling of 'telephone' in that link is also beyond them so I'll take the whole conflagrator {sic} with a degree of scepticism.

Mum likes to have brochures in front of her to leaf through. Normally I dismiss them as out of date as soon as they're printed but I inadvertently clicked a box asking for one to be sent to her home address. Was this wasteful? Could it be relied upon for specifications in the purchase contract with the dealer?

Take a look at Carfile.net. Got my last 3 cars from them including my current Fabia Estate. I use my local Skoda Dealer in Ayr for servicing etc, however I would never buy from them. Good for picking up brochures though.

Currently the configurator shows 2017 spec, but brochure (printed or downloaded) is 2016 spec

New orders will be 2017 spec, ones already built (until 3 weeks ago) are older spec.

Looking at the configurator- you can click the 'View Your Configuration Summary' button at the end, which brings up a long list including the standard features. Unless they've changed trim designs (doesn't look like it from the configurator), the only thing mentioned that the MY17 SE has that my MY16 SE doesn't have is an umbrella. Which I think has been mentioned before too- I think it's under the seat. The summary also says 15" Mato wheels on the SE! Incidentally- my SE on those 15" wheels rides very nicely over Manchester's broken roads, which feel like they'd be in keeping with the roads of Mogadishu not one of the biggest cities in the UK. I think the extra flex of the sidewall with the slightly smaller wheels is a good thing!

For certain though MY17 gained reversing camera and adaptive cruise as options on the SE and above. 

It must be worth giving the Skoda Main Dealer a try again.

Ask the Head Sales Executive if he / she knows the spec of the New Fabia they are going to sell or they have employees that do.

If he / she says of coarse they do then let them prove it.

If they fail be sure to let the Skoda UK HQ Brand Director know how the usual new updated model purchase merry-go-round has gone, 

how confusing their configurator is etc.

It is hard to believe this is the business they are in and they do it full time.

It must be worth giving the Skoda Main Dealer a try again.

Ask the Head Sales Executive if he / she knows the spec of the New Fabia they are going to sell or they have employees that do.

If he / she says of coarse they do then let them prove it.

If they fail be sure to let the Skoda UK HQ Brand Director know how the usual new updated model purchase merry-go-round has gone, 

how confusing their configurator is etc.

It is hard to believe this is the business they are in and they do it full time.

Could I enquire which Skoda model you drive?  It must be really peeing you off to cause so many negative posts!

I have various Skoda models at various times, usually at least 2 Mk2 Fabia.

Sometimes even a Yeti.

That is not a negative post, that is a post on how to get a positive deal and customer services from Skoda Dealers and Skoda UK.

They get the idea come time that they need customers and to give decent customer service.

I am actually a Skoda Fanboy, but have no time for incompetent employees of Skoda or the VW Group Dealerships

and UK Importers.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

'Should have gone to specsavers', read the answer to your question.

Yes i have a Skoda now, and another, and another, and work on others that are not mine. 

Good to see that you can spot where Skoda CZ fail is some aspects of published information.

Plenty have been telling Skoda UK that information and the translation to english is just not good enough.

'With todays technology'  Skoda could get their configurators showing accurate information!

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/400360-sloppy-owners-manual

Edited by GoneOffSKi