Painting chipping after 3 weeks, Very dim headlights

So I've had my monte carlo for 3 weeks now brand new from the factory. I have two issues. It already has two chips in the paint around the door and a scratch. I've treated the car like a baby the paint just seems so soft!.

The headlights as standard seem very poor vs other new cars I have to use front fogs to be able to see anything!

Anyone having similar issues with the paint? The two chips are located where the body meets the door on the outside and the scratch on the inside on the frame. The scratch I can live with as only visible if the doors open but the chips [emoji16] are annoying if only small.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not had any paint problems, but dim lights can be improved by fitting these: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/winter-essentials/winter-maintenance/upgrade-headlamp-bulb/?48177022F&0&cc5_847 or similar.

It's quite a simple DIY job, but made easier if you have small hands!

As member above suggests, upgrade headlight bulbs..

Better than those blinding misaligned new neon headlights, as even the daylight running lights I find misaligned too.

I've had a few paint chips on my colour edition. Anyone know the deal with Skoda PCP with chips? Do they need to be sorted at a skoda garage? Or can you use any mobile paint chip guy?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had a scratch on the bonnet first week,then a small one on the wing and the roof edge. I put it down to using the self wash hose at the local garage where it scraped over the car. I now hand wash it.

I have also noticed a minute chip on the rear door.Upsetting at the time but I got over it. Race blue seems hard to keep clean in my opinion.

Used a really good wax polish and only I know where it all is now. :notme:

Sadly the paint on modern VAG cars is very thin. I've had 3 white cars (two SEATs and my Octavia) and all three have had paint chips very early on especially in the bumpers which are helpfully black underneath :(

I remember reading in here about another fabia owner who had problems with dim headlights.

Turned out the beams were misaligned from the factory, so maybe would be worth having a look from the front to see if you can find a brighter part of the beam and where it's pointing.

If it looks aligned then I can recommend osram night breaker unlimited bulbs.

• Like 1

Have had the car 15 months now and have one chip at the back of the car looks about shopping trolly height. Have felt the headlights have been dim since I got the car. I was once told using the fog lights when not foggy is illegal not sure if it's true or not Joe

Have had the car 15 months now and have one chip at the back of the car looks about shopping trolly height. Have felt the headlights have been dim since I got the car. I was once told using the fog lights when not foggy is illegal not sure if it's true or not Joe

Yeah, it's illegal. It's in the Highway Code.

Typed on a phone

Edited by Octy09

Touch wood I don't notice the paint to be particularly chip prone and that's with trundling along the motorway five days a week. The MINI I had previously was far worse for chipping at the front.

Regards Bob