Fuse Panel

Hi,

40 and 41 are free - IGN. Switched Pos.

Remove Front cover - Un-clips

2x Torx Screws

Back cover un-clips

Have to wiggle out the fuseblock assembly and twist to get out through the gap available !

Empty Fuse positions

15-Fuse40.41_zpssxisrlqe.jpg

Torx Screws

19-Fuses.DRLSwitch_zpsqot8yqev.jpg

Back of Fuses - removed from dash with back cover un-clipped

There is a Blue Bar that has to slide out from the end of the Fuse Block to allow Pins to be inserted.

Just by position 41 (not shown ?!)

16-Fuse40.41.Reverse_zpsf9oezgop.jpg

Fuse block in-situ (viewed from below in footwell)

17-Fuses.Relays.Brain_zpsz91uxmk3.jpg

I think this is the right Fuse Block Socket Insert ?

http://www.vehicle-w...ays-6-3mm-blade

Otherwise try Skoda / VW dealer . . .

Pete

Photos from my DRL/Fog Retro Upgrade thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/399096-retro-fitted-fog-drl-to-facelift-roomster-13-not-official-sk-method/

Edited by petrev

Thanks Guys! Very useful pics. According to my handbook, 40 is the rear wiper fuse (10 amp) and 41 is not assigned but is on the ignition. Just need to get the right socket insert and I'll have a go.

Cheers. :cocktail:

Mike

Thanks Guys! Very useful pics. According to my handbook, 40 is the rear wiper fuse (10 amp) and 41 is not assigned but is on the ignition. Just need to get the right socket insert and I'll have a go.

Cheers. :cocktail:

Mike

Hi,

My fuses must be different.

Pretty sure that is the right insert but best to check with Skoda dealer (or Vehicle Wiring Products).

The blue retaining bar was the key for me to add the fuses I needed.

Pete

Edited by petrev
  • Like 1

Even easier if you use one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180735824927

And I'm pretty sure the retaining bar is purple not blue.

That's just the job! Even after all the help from you all, I wasn't looking forward to taking the fuse panel out. I'm not as flexible as I was so it could have been a long, painful job with lots of swearing and drinks breaks. Adaptor ordered, should arrive mid week.

Thanks again.

If you don't want to chop the plug off your dashcam, you might want to use something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-12v-Female-Car-Cigar-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Plug-Connector-Plug-Cable-MW/201580220519?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36886%26meid%3D0b39c5277fe04a7b8fb0f9744d6d3a1a%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

Mine fits under the dashboard end cover (open the driver's door to see it).  One wire goes to the piggy-back fuse, and the other goes to a suitable earth.

When routing the supply wire to the dashcam itself, I didn't try to feed the wire through the white A-Post trim.  Instead I tucked it under the rubber door seal, where it sits completely out of sight.  From here to the interior mirror, the wire tucks easily behind the headlining.

My thanks to those who kindly posted this information in other threads.  It helped to make installation in my Roomster easy and neat.

If you don't want to chop the plug off your dashcam, you might want to use something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-12v-Female-Car-Cigar-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Plug-Connector-Plug-Cable-MW/201580220519?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36886%26meid%3D0b39c5277fe04a7b8fb0f9744d6d3a1a%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

Mine fits under the dashboard end cover (open the driver's door to see it).  One wire goes to the piggy-back fuse, and the other goes to a suitable earth.

When routing the supply wire to the dashcam itself, I didn't try to feed the wire through the white A-Post trim.  Instead I tucked it under the rubber door seal, where it sits completely out of sight.  From here to the interior mirror, the wire tucks easily behind the headlining.

My thanks to those who kindly posted this information in other threads.  It helped to make installation in my Roomster easy and neat.

I've used a dual outlet with USB charging point mounted under the radio. A short run to the fuse panel with a 5amp fuse and I've linked to the radio ground wire. It's neat and works well.

• Like 1