Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Chubbs

Came across this (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewBrand&brandId=17) and the ONR wash and wax today - various uses for all types of materials - perhaps used more for a maintenance 'wash' I'm thinking.  Anyone used this?  Any feedback welcome, good, the bad or ugly.

Regards

Chubbs

I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

To be honest I was petrified at first but once you use it and see the results you'll think its a winner.

I mixed a spray bottle up to pre soak the panel and let it dwell for 15-20 secs to soften the dirt.

Then I had a wash bucket with 2 capfuls of ONR and a rinse bucket with 2 capfuls too.

I used a grout sponge as they're supposed to be better for rinse less washing as all the grit goes into the open cells and isn't dragged across the paint. Just worked panel by panel in downward vertical wipes and rinsed the sponge after each wipe. Simple as that as got round the whole car in about 10 minutes. I could see the dirt come out the sponge and then sink to the bottom of the rinse bucket and stay there.

The only downside is that it didn't really touch bug splats but to be fair I didn't really expect it to.

Agree on the maintenance wash point but there are videos on youtube of it washing cars covered in winter road grime and shifting it fairly easily, granted they don't then shine a bright light on it to show any scratches etc so need to take it with a pinch of salt.

Cheers,

Grant

That's what I thought.....is it false economy as it won't touch anything more than fine dirt and grime....the likes of tar spots, fallout and bugs will remain....

As you say it's good for doing maintenance washes on a protected car. I wouldn't use it on something with caked on tar spots etc.

Would work well in winter when you don't want to dig everything out and start hosing everything down in low temperatures.

I think most people use it as a quick detailer - I've got Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere in the boot for anything that needs a quick wipe

If I lived without a pressure washer I'd use ONR. I've used it during a drought before to good effect. It definitely has its place if your circumstances dictate!