Unreasonable?

Doc

Just had my Octavia 130PD serviced. Whatever VW say I just couldn't let a diesel car go to 20000 miles without a service so I have changed over to fixed servicing. This was therefore its first service at 10000 miles.

Oil filter

Doc, have you had a look at the Service Schedule to see what is involved in a 10000 service? There's a lot of inspecting to do, including interrogation and resetting with a VAG1551/2, plus a road test.

I agree that sounds the case here, particularly where the 'bits' part of the bill is small and the labour element high. A good Service Manager would hopefully explain the bill to a customer so that the latter knows they have had value for money.

The dealer is White Dove in Cardiff.

Yes I have looked at the schedule and I still cant believe it would take a trained mechanic more than an hour.

My Impreza turbos interim service (ie oil change and lots of checks!) was only

I just don't get Doc's charge for his car.

I'd suggest phoning a couple of other dealers for an all-in price for exactly the service you had - just tell them you want a 10k service on normal oil rather than wait for the variable indicator and long life oil.

As far as I know, there's nothing different in the 30k service to the 10k service - its an oil change ?

So why has he been charged

FYI

Servicing cost (VAT inc.) in Romania for my 4X4 1.8T QG2 @ 6500Km

Prices in GBP

Petrol Filter: 8,6

Oil filter: 6.5

Air filter cabin: 6,7

Oil: Mobil 5W-50 5l: 33.7

Oil: Gearbox Mobil SHC 75W-90 1l:13.9

Workmaship: 2.7h (?): 16.7

Total: 88

VAT in romania is 19%