SKODA - Banish your youthful super-car memories.

ColinD

• Administrators

No longer the stuff of dreams: introducing
the ŠKODA that’s faster than the supercar icons of yesteryear

• Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the most powerful production ŠKODA ever

• 0-62mph time of 5.8 seconds makes it quicker than a host of classic supercars

• Exceptional performance guaranteed thanks to standard four-wheel drive system

• Short film produced by ŠKODA highlights remarkable performance

Milton Keynes: 07 July 2016: For generations, young car fanatics have festooned bedroom walls with pictures of the most exotic cars in the world. With their incredible acceleration figures and top speeds, the supercar icons of the 1970s, 80s and 90s were the stuff of fantasy for junior petrolheads the world over.

Fast-forward 30 years and the real-life picture has changed considerably. Thanks to the new ŠKODA Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS, the generation that grew up staring in disbelief at the 0-62mph times of cars such as the Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari 308 GTB can now buy a large family car with enough power and punch to leave a raft of classic supercars in their wake. And unlike those classic supercars, this incredible performance comes with a price tag that doesn’t run into six figures.

Available now in hatch and estate forms, the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the most powerful production ŠKODA ever built. With a 0-62mph time of just 5.8 seconds, it is faster than a host of classic supercars that were hailed as some of the quickest machines of their generation. Among those in the shadow of the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera and the 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB.

With an output of 280PS from its turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol engine, the new Superb isn’t just the fastest production ŠKODA – thanks to its 660-litre boot it’s also the biggest and most spacious. What’s more, it comes with a DSG transmission and four-wheel-drive as standard, meaning that its supercar-rivalling performance can be deployed in complete comfort.

To highlight the remarkable performance of the new Superb – and prove beyond doubt which is the quickest in a straight fight – ŠKODA has a short film that pitches the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS estate against a collection of supercar classics including the Honda NSX and Lotus Esprit.

• Like 2

• Administrators

The new Superb 2.0TSI 280PS is priced from £31,445 for the Hatch and £32,745 for the Estate. Available on SE L Executive, new SportLine and Laurin & Klement trim levels, standard equipment includes 18-inch alloy wheels, Columbus satellite navigation system, electrically operated boot, leather upholstery and heated seats.

Or considerably less via our new skoda discount scheme with approved uk dealers ;)

A link > http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393571-buying-selling-insuring-your-%C5%A1koda/

• Like 1

• Administrators

Pricing is a tricky one. The superb I know comes in mid 27k, the bmw I'm less sure on discounts if any. 

I guess the price has to reflect two crucial things... 4x4 v RWD, 636l v 480l. Granted a 330i for a few k more, has to be tempting and should hold value better, but I've not got a parkers magic ball to hand at the moment ;)

Sorry but comparing a modern family car with a 30 year old supercar is like comparing apples and eggs, regardless of any performance similarities.

With an output of 280PS from its turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol engine

So the engine that should have gone into the Octavia (like it's Golf and Leon brothers, I do believe the A3 has it too), has been pushed into the Superb?

I have a hard enough time getting the Octavia onto my drive, let alone finding the extra 5-6K for the superb...

I dont really understand the brand any longer, why/how is a superb now the flagship in the Skoda brand performance wise? They have irradiated the "Vrs" the Superb was a large luxury car, now its the performance car.... wft are they doing?  Would Voltswagon make the Passat tsi quicker than the R or GTI? No because thats brand nonsense :P. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Would Voltswagon make the Passat tsi quicker than the R or GTI? No because thats brand nonsense :p. 

VW have done this many times before, here's two I can think off the top of my head:

MK 2 Golf gti 16v - 1.8 137bhp - Passat Gti 16v 2.0 150bhp

Golf R32 - 3.2ltr 250bhp - Passat R36 3.6ltr 300bhp

Sometimes each model goes in it's own development direction and overlap is the outcome....

VW have done this many times before, here's two I can think off the top of my head:

MK 2 Golf gti 16v - 1.8 137bhp - Passat Gti 16v 2.0 150bhp

Golf R32 - 3.2ltr 250bhp - Passat R36 3.6ltr 300bhp

Sometimes each model goes in it's own development direction and overlap is the outcome....

Well maybe they will stick the Golf Rs engine in the next gen Octavia?