New headunit - aerial amplifier?

I've got the head unit fitted now.  Oddly I did not need the adaptor and I can pick up lots of station with perfect quality?

Im wondering whether the very early cars (mine is a Y reg) did not have an amplified aerial?

Anyway, all sorted!!

I found that mine was ok about town and even on the highways.

What I also found was that certain stations that tended to be weaker couldn't be picked up anymore once I was on the highways and in the countryside (the stock headunit used to pick these up just fine, if a little grainy).

Since getting the power feed to the aerial fitted I get much better recepeption and can pick up those weaker stations now :thumbup: 

• 2 years later...
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 22:59, petrolbloke said:

It should go back with a bit of persuasion. I found it easier to remove the glovebox to give easier access to the area behind the HU.

Ah - just searched through my e-mails and the PC5-52 is actually the one I ordered... strange they are both listed for the Octy though. I can't remember if I needed another adapter to connect it up though.

hi all. Do I still need the above pc5-52 if I am going for DAB+ ?

Thanks

Does the dab come with its own antenna? I think a lot do in which case no you dont.

If it uses the stock antenna (i dont think they would) And do you want "normal" am/fm operation also? Then yes you would need the booster.

21 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Does the dab come with its own antenna? I think a lot do in which case no you dont.

If it uses the stock antenna (i dont think they would) And do you want "normal" am/fm operation also? Then yes you would need the booster.

I will be buying one of these ?

should I also buy the pc5-52 ?  as you probably figured out by now, I am no good with this audio stuff lol

From the key features part if that link

"Operating voltage (12V) can be supplied by 'phantom' feed from radio via coax cable. "

Yes you will need to booster to add the power into the antenna,u less what ever head unit you are getting has a built in antenna amplifier

9 hours ago, mac11irl said:

From the key features part if that link

"Operating voltage (12V) can be supplied by 'phantom' feed from radio via coax cable. "

Yes you will need to booster to add the power into the antenna,u less what ever head unit you are getting has a built in antenna amplifier

thanks for the reply.

the head unit I am buying is this one

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-fhx-840dab_p-39976.htm

5 hours ago, hussair5 said:

thanks for the reply.

the head unit I am buying is this one

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-fhx-840dab_p-39976.htm

From the QnA bit under the product -

Was this you asking yesterday? :D

Question: 12 March 2019
Car: Skoda Octavia - <2005 

hi, which wiring harness do I need in order to connect this to skoda Octavia mk1 vrs 2004 ( old shape)

Answer: 
hi,

you shouldnt need a wiring harness as that car should be ISO you will need an antenna adaptor CT27AA08

56 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

hi, which wiring harness do I need in order to connect this to skoda Octavia mk1 vrs 2004 ( old shape)

Answer: 
hi,

you shouldnt need a wiring harness as that car should be ISO you will need an antenna adaptor CT27AA08

yes I did mate - I have got my answer - lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

Answer: 
hi,

I just need to establish this blue ( k line ) thing  lol - a lot of info on this I know

just not 100 percent on which wire to disconnect  :(