"MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON police.motorsourcegroup.com

Hi all, as some of you may already be aware I'm not entirely impressed with my Rapid, so much so that I went to a dealer, which I won't name and threw myself on my sword and asked for some kindness from them to get me out of my Rapid and into a brand new Octavia VRS 230. Long story short not a sausage, they massively under valued my car at first then came up by £500 and thought I'd be impressed. He then said he might be able to take a tiny bit off the list price but insisted I told him what my best was on a deposit and what the max I could afford a month. He wasn't doing anything to tempt me and there was no budging on the deal. He said he'd call me tomorrow and see if I could add a bit more deposit to keep them monthly costs down. I'm not and he's not getting a sale.

I told a friend about this today and he recommended a website called www.police.motorsourcegroup.com they are a kind of car wow for police, fire fighters, nurses, etc. I looked at the price they could get the exact car I wanted, direct from Skoda delivered to a dealer and with all the same things you get through the dealer for.........£21,705.96 a saving of £4,874.01. To be honest the skoda dealer I went to today were saying the car I wanted was £27,000 so actually even more of a saving.

I just wanted to share this with you guys in the hope that this helps more people stop getting ripped off by greedy dealers, as this just goes to prove they over inflate their rrp.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Those are fleet discounts, do you not need to be a member of said body to qualify?

Mixed numbers, some of the lower spec cars seem to be a minimal discount, qed over priced, mainly those not on business fleet deals ;)

Anything over 12/14% on retail price is a business fleet user targeted price point. They are also different from carwow, as they are a broker, carwow isn't. They introduce you to a dealer whom you deal with, place order, pay etc, you don't pay/order through carwow. So they are more like NCD and other online brokers in my reading of the site.

Greedy dealers though need to pay staff and keep the lights on while your car is being serviced. I guess it does not help having to dish out so much for shiny white paint and new signs over the last few years. :D 

Hi Colin, it's not for fleet discount, you only need buy one car for your own private use, it's for anyone who is a police officer, fire fighter, nurse, in the armed forces etc etc. You simply place an order with them and they source that car with a dealer. That car is then delivered to that dealer and you collect it from them, finance can be done in exactly the same way. The only down side is it might not be through your nearest dealer so you might need to travel to collect it, but for huge savings and in my case about 5k I'm not bothered. Once you have the car it's under warranty so you take it where you want.

I take your point that the dealers have overheads but sites like this one and indeed car wow, orange wheels etc do show that there are huge mark ups on cars.

Have you gone back to the original dealer with your latest offer? they may do a .price match, if not, nothing lost anyway as you already have a firm offer.

What happens to your existing Rapid though? If i understand it properly, you were looking for a swap, which your dealer wasn't too keen on, and now you found a deal to buy a car without using the Rapid as deposit?  If that's the case then you are comparing 2 different things really.

Not sure if it may help you, and you probably already know this, but apparently, if you got your car through Skoda finance, you can go into any dealership within the VAG group and potentially swap your car. Of course they may still undervalue your car, but it may be worth finding out.

i don't know about dealerships being greedy or not,  but I do know that someone's paying for all those shiny tiles, free coffees and courtesy rides back home, and it ain't them. I also know that the £110 an hour my local VW dealer charges doesn't go to the mechanic or technician as they now call them.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I meant it's the level of discount that business fleet gets. It's way beyond a retail discount. You don't need to be a business user, other brokers do the same. Some debate in various circles if it's good, bad, indifferent, legal, terms etc... while you can: do it :) I can't get close to it and we're beating carwow on most checks. 30k retail can get to about £3600 off through retail dealers.

So yes it's way ahead! The UK is small enough for a grand day out to wherever, for 5k I'd go a long way! With delivery around 70-80p fro most dealers it's not that expensive to get it delivered out of your savings either.

I read it that they sourced finance for you.

In theory; as I understand it, if it's a fleet sale, you cannot access the 0% Retail finance offers like free fuel. There maybe equiv business, but at the end of the day a hunk of metal from a ship to an importer has a cost. Skoda aren't in the business of making a loss at the moment. I don't suppose you know what your order type & customer type on the order with the dealer is do you? 

As I say go for it and hells bells as a services person risking your own well-being, it should be even less or pay you more :)

Quite right the shiny paint and tiles and big events are being paid for us by us and those easily pressured into signing a deal; been there myself!  I'm keen to encourage newer ways of buying, only a few dealers are on board with this, they are the pointy end of the arrow of change... we don't need shiny tiles, sadly the marketing brandy types think we do... 

I'd be gob smacked if any retail sale through a bricks n mortar dealer went beyond 14% OTR discount. If they do let me know! I've got a few straw hats left from other epic mispredictions and a phone call to make...

• Like 1

I'd be gob smacked if any retail sale through a bricks n mortar dealer went beyond 14% OTR discount. If they do let me know! I've got a few straw hats left from other epic mispredictions and a phone call to make...

I got over 14% discount + Money off + free servicing on my new 230 from a dealer, how many straw hats would you like ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

The dealer I went to before I found the site called me back today and asked if I'd considered putting more money in to top up the deposit. He was telling me lis price was £27,500 and trade in for mine was £7,000 a full 1k under anything I'd been given elsewhere, ever we buy any car offered me £7,650. I told him about the price they were offering to supply the same car to me for and politely told him I wasn't prepared to have my pants pulled down by him and I wouldn't be buying from them at Milton Keynes Skoda, oh me and my big mouth I wasn't going to mention the name of the dealer

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at replacing our two year old Spaceback SE TSI 105 for a diesel and having had a chat with a usually very accommodating dealer I found the P/X value on offer to be very poor, even with a generous discount on a new Spaceback TDI 90 Sport and some haggling I was looking at over 8k to change :o

Also tried those we buy any car people and they were no better, offering slightly less than the dealers final offer.

TP