Skoda Octavia MK2 2005/55 Sport, Do I have an Amplifier?

I'm looking at buying a Columbus from ebay and in the item description it's asking for some details about my car so that the seller can set it up for me. Without contacting my local Skoda dealer how can I work out if I have an amplifier or not, I'm guessing they mean aerial amplifier maybe?

post-43517-0-43791600-1468497100_thumb.png

On a 55 you could get it, but you'll be able to tell as you'll have an audience head unit along with the upgraded speakers.

No Audience head unit= No Amp, but just because you have an audience, doesn't mean you have an amp.

IIRC on that one it was in the boot on the left, but I could be wrong.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

What is the brand on the badge on the extra speakers? Also do you know if they cones behind them are OEM?

That head unit shouldn't be with the speakers, but maybe they were getting rid of stock and upgraded the car.

Have a look in the boot near the CD changer and also under the driver and passenger seat for an AMP.

I'm amazed that happened, because in 55, they basically sold audience without the amp/speaker set up and started to stop selling the speaker upgrades.

I bought the car in March 2009 and it was already fitted, it looks OEM to me and I've had all door cards off at some point since I've had her, it looks factory fitted!

If they looked cheap and nasty, they probably are oem