SEL - Auto closing Windows when raining

feebs

Hi all

Just been looking at the maxi dot settings, I don't have the option for closing when raining.

Is this right?

If so. Can the VCDS enable it?

Tar

Phil

Edited by feebs

Get out of the car, taking the key with you and after leaving all the windows open. Lock the car. Splash a few drops of water on the windscreen...

Magic! No settings necessary.

Get out of the car, taking the key with you and after leaving all the windows open. Lock the car. Splash a few drops of water on the windscreen...

Fabia SEL rear wind up windows....

Get out of the car, taking the key with you,leaving Granny in the back seat,and after leaving the rear wind up windows open. Lock the car. Splash a few drops of water on the windscreen,shout "Granny,shut the windows"...

• Like 3

Hi all

Just been looking at the maxi dot settings, I don't have the option for closing when raining.

Is this right?

If so. Can the VCDS enable it?

Tar

Phil

No such setting anymore it's been removed, think it was removed with the MY16 change.

Is this another example of "progress"? If this means that Skoda have decided that if it rains I will have my windows automatically closed, like it or not, then I'll have to look elsewhere for my next car. If I leave the dogs in the car I always leave all the windows down a couple of inches (which is where the wind defectors are useful - light rain doesn't end up on the seats) and I positively don't want the windows closed for obvious reasons.

Is this another example of "progress"? If this means that Skoda have decided that if it rains I will have my windows automatically closed, like it or not, then I'll have to look elsewhere for my next car. If I leave the dogs in the car I always leave all the windows down a couple of inches (which is where the wind defectors are useful - light rain doesn't end up on the seats) and I positively don't want the windows closed for obvious reasons.

If anything the feature has been removed. It can sometimes be enabled though VCDS. If the option is still on the car it'll be a switchable option in the maxi dot settings. If the setting is there, it could also be permanently deleted with VCDS.

This feature seems to be going away, presumably due to safety reasons?

Your windows will stay open,  they have removed the auto close, tested mine and the sunroof and windows stay open even with a hose on the censer 

Thats a bit strong saying that you'll look elsewhere for your next car when there is no reason to do so.

I have a dog and wind deflectors and if I want to disable the auto-close it's just a matter of unticking the box on the MaxiDot options, the later models do not have rain closing.

I was at the jet wash the other day, guy in big posh range rover pulls in bay next to me windows open, jumps out starts washing, windows go up and locks

he hears it lock tries the door then reality hits, one unhappy guy, car locked his keys and phone in car, he was still ranting at the car when I finished and drove away

I was just waiting for the basil fawlty moment, he seem to be working up to it

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1