Rear Wash Wipe

Alex

this may have been posted previously but combi owners you7 can improve your rear wash wipe by replacing the tiddly wiper blade with one from a mk3 fiesta from a scrap yard this dramatically improves the area swept by the wash wipe all for about 50p :thumbup:

:rofl: - I'm not sure I'd want any "Fix Or Repair Daily" fittings on my car, even if it wasn't obvious to the naked eye. :D

If I fitted a fiesta rear wiper I'd probably end up with a knackered washer jet, loose blade mount, scratched screen... however, that's just down to my bad luck, which I haven't had recently, I must admit/boast.

Stupidity - I was just asking for that one. I suppose it was bad luck that the fuzz were where they wre and when they were... I guess seeing all those juicy machines at the cannonball run almost made it worthwhile... :)

:rofl: - bigot, yep, anti-ford, yep... I'm afraid it's one of those prejudices that's going to be hard to shift, but is unfortunately a lot more unfounded compared to my anti-fiat prejudice. (I shan't do my little acronym for fiat...) Well, actually it's harmless, Fix It Again Tomorrow.

edited to say I may have to pop down a local scrapyard when any of my blades need to be renewed... Sounds like some bargains can be had. :thumbup:

Stilo - this car worries me greatly because it seems to have loads of gizmos in it - which in my opinion means a lot more to go wrong on a regular basis. :(

I guess I should leave the focus alone, as it's a reasonable car. Apparently they now come these instant de-misting front screens at the push of a button... :shocked: :thumbup:

Ford demisting front screens ROCK!!! Boy do I miss having one of those!!! :(

Stilo - yes - hmmmm. Lots of cheaply made switches and knobs doubtless (not prejudiced at all, me :rofl: ) Rob - have you driven one?

[homer] mmmm, de-misting front screen... [/homer] :rofl: - Gone would be the days of just trying to blast the screen with maximum fan. :( - Wonder if I could rig up some D.I.Y wire setup to run from inside the car, through the gap by the doors, and along the screen, powered by a 12v battery... I think I'd better just keep well away from it.

Originally posted by ncarring in this post

Ford demisting front screens ROCK!!!

I had to wince at the proximity of "rock" there...certainly would be wincing more at the cost of replacing one of them... ;)

Stilo - yes - hmmmm. Lots of cheaply made switches and knobs doubtless (not prejudiced at all, me :rofl: ) Rob - have you driven one?

No, and they are quite possibly awful to drive, but I have been in one and found it to be a lot better constructed than previous generations of Fiat. Maybe it's just I find it a little surprising that Skoda drivers would hold prejudices against other makes... :p

Rob.

Would a front de-misting screen still come under standard policy windscreen excess jurasdiction??? :confused: I'd be very intrested to know. :D

PS: who knows how to spell "jurasdiction"? I don't know if I did it right? duh!

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

Would a front de-misting screen still come under standard policy windscreen excess jurasdiction??? :confused: I'd be very intrested to know. :D

It certainly did when i had mine replaced a couple of years ago.

I think

Never made any difference to my policy. They're standard on a whole lot of Fords these days. When originally introduced they were often part of a special "Winter pack" - made sense to have it even then.