Help please Airbag Warning

Hi Folks,

The last week while driving to work my airbag warning light came on. I read it with my VCDS at lunchtime and it said

1 Fault Found:

01221 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag; Driver Side (G179)

008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON

I cleared the code, light went off and everything was OK until last night driving back from work when the light came back on when I got into the car to come home.

Could some of you clever bods please point me into the right area. I have checked the plugs under the seat and would rather fix it if possible rather than the thought of putting it back into Des Winks (Key Chinggg ££) for something that might be fixable and costly.

The car is a 54 Plate Pre FL 1.9 TDi with 80,000 on the clock.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

John

Check the wires under seat if no joy then check the wires in the rubber bellows between door and post. Im sure crash sensor is in the door like golf and passat. Known for breaking there. Good luck

If it's the crash sensor wiring then it's not going to be anything to do with the wiring under the seat.

The crash sensor is in the door behind the carrier plate. Usually it's the wiring in the rubber bellows between the door and the car (as mentioned above).