Does anybody recognize what this screw is ?

Clive

So today I had the wheels off the Yeti to give them a proper clean and replace the center caps and nut covers .

post-146200-0-91706800-1469972408_thumb.png post-146200-0-39059900-1469972571_thumb.png

Then I had to pop out for half an hour , and when I returned I found this screw on the ground under where the car was parked to do the wheels .

It's quite rusty , and there are no clean threads showing , so it hasn't just fallen out today . 

post-146200-0-01440300-1469972100_thumb.jpg

To be honest it may not even be off the Yeti , but do any of you recognize the screw and where in might belong ?

Thanks .

Edited by Skodaclive

That looks like the screw which holds / locates the brake disc onto the hub.

Front or rear mate , or will they both be the same ? 

Yep, that's what I'd say.

I reckon you'd be spot on mate , just found the identical ones on ebay > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-YETI-2009-2014-2-x-FRONT-BRAKE-DISC-RETAINING-SCREWS-DRS1667J-/331513202190?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item4d2fba060e:g:ViQAAOSw8vZXMa4a .

Thanks for your help (again)  :thumbup:

Aren't the 'hats' held on by the wheel bolts, in any case?.

Were they there for assembly line purposes, as in making it easier to install the pads by keeping the rotor aligned?.

It is there to make fitting the wheel easier.

If it wasn't, the disc would rotate when you try to align the wheel bolt holes with the holes in the disc and the threaded ones in the hub.

Imagine the nightmare of trying to align all 3 with one hand, while trying to get a bolt in with the other!

Did you take the wheels off again to check you weren't missing one?

No I didn't mate , I'm not too worried about it now that I know where the screw comes from , I know nothing is going to drop off the car because the screw is missing . I've kept hold of the screw though , and I'll check next time I have the wheels off .