Fabia lights unit swap

Hi guys,

I would like to start a small project in changing my lights from the regular SE spec to the projector ones on the Monte Carlo.

The main reason for doing this - driving through Europe, the rest is for looks.

** As far as i remember on almost all of the projector units you can switch from LHD/RHD lighting, through either a lever under the bonnet or through the infotainment system.

So lets assume i find the lights, both left and right, is it a simple swap?

I know i kinda need to get the front of the car out, which is no biggie, but are the lights plug and play?

Can anyone recommend a place where to actually get the lights? I would love to get them from a place where they break down cars, so i can do a trade in with mine and negotiate a bit.

Eurocarparts website had some at around 120£ a piece, so let's say under 250£ for everything.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much

Good luck on finding a Breaker with a Mk3 Monte Carlo with the front intact.

?

Have you used Ebay to see if there is anyone with used ones for sale?

I have found some used ones on Ebay, the reason not going ahead to order is that i'm not sure it's a plug and play process, and before throwing over 250£ on something that i cannot use, i made this topic to check opinions.

Thanks!

You can't switch the direction of the beam, there are different part numbers for LHD and RHD.

So there is no lever, no adjustments to be done for when you drive on the wrong side of the road (*Europe) ?

That's unfortunate.

Stickers on the front lens like everyone else?

That's what i'm going to do, was hoping for a more elegant solution, my old Passat had a lever under the bonnet to adjust, and that was a 2001 tractor...

Anyway, Halfrauds to the rescue!

Cheers