VRS CR Questions

Hi,

Bit of a lurker but the time is coming to replace my MkI Fabia VRS and I think I've settled for a diesel FL VRS and I have a few queries - Are all the facelift models CR engined or do some of the early ones still have the PD lump (which I'm hoping to avoid). On the subject of the CR engines, what's the cambelt lifetime on them - Could I use it for a potential bargaining chip as I'd be looking at a 2010 ish plate?

Any things I should specifically look for when buying (apart from the usuals)?

Thanks,

Harry.

All FL are CR. The PD continued in FL Scouts for a bit longer but FL vRS should all be CR. There was a bit of crossover in 2009 with the pre FL front paired with FL interior and FL rear but not sure what engine they had.

• Like 1

All FL are CR. The PD continued in FL Scouts for a bit longer but FL vRS should all be CR. There was a bit of crossover in 2009 with the pre FL front paired with FL interior and FL rear but not sure what engine they had.

Thanks for that - I'm definitely after a facelift front so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Timing belt is 5 years when you speak to Skoda UK, the book says 180,000km and no mention on time.

Apparently in the rest of Europe they go by mileage but Skoda UK go by time/mileage.

Definitely factor it in if not been done as it's a £400 (indy) or £485 (Skoda fixed price servicing) with water pump, I didn't buying my 2011 CR VRS a few weeks back, stupidly took dealer on his word that is was not time limited (to be fair the book does seem to say that)

• Like 1

Timing belt is 5 years when you speak to Skoda UK, the book says 180,000km and no mention on time.

Apparently in the rest of Europe they go by mileage but Skoda UK go by time/mileage.

Definitely factor it in if not been done as it's a £400 (indy) or £485 (Skoda fixed price servicing) with water pump, I didn't buying my 2011 CR VRS a few weeks back, stupidly took dealer on his word that is was not time limited (to be fair the book does seem to say that)

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1

I used the timing belt thing to haggle for mine. 

It was a 2011 and got it done straight away last December for peace of mind with the water pump. Independents round here were dearer than Skoda's fixed price for me.

Yip SUK decided to change the intervals on timing belt renewal. Strangely for the U.K. Only.

To be totally fair, 5 years is a pretty reasonable expectation for any consumable across any brand, better to play it safe, most cars wont see half the stipulated book mileage (180,000km), as enthusiasts however, we all know what's prudent......*

*this post was sponsored by Stella Artois  :D  :beer:  ;)

• Like 1

To be totally fair, 5 years is a pretty reasonable expectation for any consumable across any brand, better to play it safe, most cars wont see half the stipulated book mileage (180,000km), as enthusiasts however, we all know what's prudent......*

*this post was sponsored by Stella Artois :D :beer: ;)

Totally agree but don't seep a product with a "life time belt" then change their minds. And as said only for the uk. Big money spinner if you ask me. *but that's none of my buisness*

• Like 1

Skoda tells me that my 2008 cr Vrs is every 4 years. Muzza, is your Vrs blue. If so did I pass you heading north on the m74 on the 15th July just outside Glasgow. There was a blue Fabia in front or directly behind you.

Skoda tells me that my 2008 cr Vrs is every 4 years. Muzza, is your Vrs blue. If so did I pass you heading north on the m74 on the 15th July just outside Glasgow. There was a blue Fabia in front or directly behind you.

Yeah mate, I think it's after 2010 it goes yup to 5 years.

No bud mine's white

df4cf53a-5e21-466b-851f-0b6efaffe143_zps

Skoda are BS you all !! I've had this discussion with SUK customer services all the way the though to head man. His reply was we've had premature belt snap. Me so why not the rest of the world where it's hotter more sand ect. Couldn't answer me. This was via email and phone calls. But totally agree on peace of mind. SUK shouldn't advertise a product then change it. But if they want to change it have some good will.

Totally agree but don't seep a product with a "life time belt" then change their minds. And as said only for the uk. Big money spinner if you ask me. *but that's none of my buisness*

I just can't imagine a big brand like vag being motivated by money!! It shocks me!