clonking knocking noise

hi i have weird clonking noise coming from the front underneath and have not got a clue what it could be.

it is really bad when i drive over rough road or go over speed humps a bit too quick.

i have had both front wheels off and checked what i could i have 2 new springs and shocks so not them.

the drop links look ok the wishbones seem alright but i cant properly see the ball joints.

please help its doing my head in.

its a 2008 mk2 vrs

thanks

iv been having same issue replaced drop links no better. General consenus is either top mounts or rear console bushes on front wishbones. Mine seems to clonk more once the car is warmes up making me think its more of a bush that needs replacement. Its from front n/s but sounds like its coming from middle of the car at the front with windows up.

Ive had this on my previous Fabia, and now getting it on the octavia. Depends on the kind of clonk. Any play in the steering at all? (almost elasticy round the centre). The worst knocking I had was down to the front ARB moving across and hitting the chassis on the Fabia! (Yes, it was used to corner with.....vigour :D )