000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation fault

Hi guys, had my glowplug light start flashing at me on my 2010 CR170 vrs (CEGA) and the engine going into limp mode so had it scanned by Gizmo68 and it was showing the following fault.

000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation 

P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 01100000

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 2

Reset counter: 255

Mileage: 112343 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2011.01.05

Time: 09:54:22

Freeze Frame:

RPM: 2438 /min

Speed: 121.0 km/h

Load: 84.3 %

Absolute Pres.: 2499.0 mbar

Absolute Pres.: 1846.2 mbar

Lambda: 88.4 %

Lambda: 43.4 %

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 

from reading various sources on the internet it seems as though it might be the actuator for the turbo vanes, am i right in thinking that if i take the vacuum hose off of the actuator i should be able to suck the pipe and create and hold a vacuum and if its not it's knackered?

If i hoon around the car seems fine, it only seems to be when i settle down to motorway cruising that the light starts to flash and it goes into limp mode.

I have the same issue. It did 00665 error once but consistently gives 0299 error and goes into limp mode.

Tried the MAF and N75 but still the same.

Is there an easy way to remove the actuator and the turbo? It's the CEGA CR engine too.

the actuator doesnt seem to hard to change and i think it can be done with the turbo left on the engine, i think they are about £100 for the "repair kit" which is a new actuator, some locktight and new bolts http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/electronic-vacuum-actuator-for-2-0-16v-tdi-cr-engines-round-port.html

I need to get my hands on a proper vacuum tester to check if the actuator holds a vacuum, but by sucking on the vacuum tube it doesn't appear to be holding.

• Like 1

It can be changed with the turbo in situ

You should be able to see the the actuater move and hold if you close off using your tongue.theres a video on YouTube shows u testing and replacing the unit

• Like 1

the actuator doesnt seem to hard to change and i think it can be done with the turbo left on the engine, i think they are about £100 for the "repair kit" which is a new actuator, some locktight and new bolts http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/electronic-vacuum-actuator-for-2-0-16v-tdi-cr-engines-round-port.html

I need to get my hands on a proper vacuum tester to check if the actuator holds a vacuum, but by sucking on the vacuum tube it doesn't appear to be holding.

I just got one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261502393483?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by FatblokeVRS

Just tried testing the actuator with the vacuum gauge and sookin' on the vacum pipe. No resistance/vacuum at all.

Will order a new one and hopefully be able to get in with my fat fingers and change it.

• Like 1

well that was a fun job NOT!!

took me about 2 hours and had to cut a 10 mm spanner down to disconnect the actuator arm but its done and seems to have fixed the problem

Actual boost pretty closely matches Requested boost, which is lucky as the top nut moved and i had to guess the position, the only thing i didnt manage to do and im going to have another go at in the morning is try and fit the anti vibration clip back on 

• Like 1

how does this boost log look?

to my untrained eye it looks ok but would appreciate it if some more knowledgeable members could give there opinion   

post-9889-0-43912400-1471629078_thumb.jpg

Edited by ljphil78

Well the actuator has arrived. Got most of the bits stripped off but don't have a long 10mm socket that will fit the long threaded rod.

Can't get my hinged spanner or an ordinary spanner in. Only this one nut preventing glorious success!!

Any other way to get that nut off so the actuator tastes freedom?

Cheers guys. Got one ordered. I got a 10mm deep socket earlier but at 50mm it was just too short.

Just noticed this tool is also 50mm. I hope it is long enough to reach the nut. Can't believe how difficult it is to reach one nut.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131912315894?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just in front of the actuator there is a black cover on top of the engine that the oil filler is connected to. Is it possible to take this off to give access to the actuator or does that open up another can of worms?