VT-ing a PCP - the ball is rolling. My experience.....

1 hour ago, tigermad said:

My new car is in the UK now (Grimsby docks) and can take up to 10 days to get to dealers. I want my old car to be collected by BCA from the dealers (I will leave it there when I pick the new one up).

Is it best to start the ball rolling now and call Skoda to VT or wait until it gets to the dealers? (I am hoping the old one will be collected before my next payment is due beginning of May). I don't want BCA to collect my old one before I get my new one but chances of that are slim I guess.

It took about three weeks from my wife calling Škoda to BCA giving her a collection date. We'll ignore the fact they didn't bother to show up yesterday and the car is still with us until Monday now, that's another story for another day. 

In short, call now.

13 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

It took about three weeks from my wife calling Škoda to BCA giving her a collection date. We'll ignore the fact they didn't bother to show up yesterday and the car is still with us until Monday now, that's another story for another day. 

In short, call now.

Thanks. Not looking forward to this then since you've had quite a bit if trouble. Will need to check with dealer tomorrow to make sure it's still ok to store it there before I call them. 

On 30/03/2017 at 14:27, tigermad said:

Thanks. Not looking forward to this then since you've had quite a bit if trouble. Will need to check with dealer tomorrow to make sure it's still ok to store it there before I call them. 

Second no show from BCA. I'm sure you'll do better than me. 

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

Second no show from BCA. I'm sure you'll do better than me. 

WTF! They would charge us if we were not there. Luckily I am getting mine collected from dealers so won't be wasting my time too much. 

11 minutes ago, tigermad said:

WTF! They would charge us if we were not there. Luckily I am getting mine collected from dealers so won't be wasting my time too much. 

They would indeed. They're trying to contact the driver to find out why they haven't turned up. I'll be demanding someone is knocking on my door at 9am tomorrow. I'm going out in 30 mins so there is no time to get this done now. 

Luckily ive been on holiday last week and this. Not the point of course. 

On 03/04/2017 at 14:50, SC03OTT said:

They would indeed. They're trying to contact the driver to find out why they haven't turned up. I'll be demanding someone is knocking on my door at 9am tomorrow. I'm going out in 30 mins so there is no time to get this done now. 

Luckily ive been on holiday last week and this. Not the point of course. 

How long did it take bca to contact you the first time to book in?

29 minutes ago, tigermad said:

How long did it take bca to contact you the first time to book in?

Took between 2-3 weeks. Can't remember the exact duration but it was there or there abouts. 

Just now, SC03OTT said:

Took between 2-3 weeks. Can't remember the exact duration but it was there or there abouts. 

Thanks, any news on your third pickup attempt?

Thanks, any news on your third pickup attempt?

Yes. After a rather angry call to them at 3pm on Monday they got someone to do an out of hours pickup that night. Guy came at 6:30pn and took it away.  Was very apologetic even though he had had nothing to do with the two initial failed pickups. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Yes. After a rather angry call to them at 3pm on Monday they got someone to do an out of hours pickup that night. Guy came at 6:30pn and took it away.  Was very apologetic even though he had had nothing to do with the two initial failed pickups. 

I posted earlier in this thread that the guy who picked mine up said they were "snowed under" with work.

I suspect a phenomenal number of Skoda owners are handing back rather than paying the balance to own and this has caught them out?

Such a shame that Skoda were so creative with their residual predictions.

6 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I posted earlier in this thread that the guy who picked mine up said they were "snowed under" with work.

I suspect a phenomenal number of Skoda owners are handing back rather than paying the balance to own and this has caught them out?

Such a shame that Skoda were so creative with their residual predictions.

It wont just be Škoda, but I take your point. 

They may well be snowed under. A phone call would be nice though instead of just no showing. That's what really hacked me off. The lack of phone call. 

Started my VT rolling this morning. The woman from Skoda Finance told me they would send some forms out for the excess mileage charges. Guess I'll be ignoring them if they turn up. Praying it will be collected by 30th April otherwise it needs an MOT, tax and renewing of insurance.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

4 minutes ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

Started my VT rolling this morning. The woman from Skoda Finance told me they would send some forms out for the excess mileage charges. Guess I'll be ignoring them if they turn up. Praying it will be collected by 30th April otherwise it needs an MOT, tax and renewing of insurance.

I've been waiting a week and half for the call to collect. Nothing yet. It can take 2 weeks for the call and another 2 weeks to collect so looks unlikely. 

22 minutes ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

Ignoring the excess mileage is a very risky tactic.

I've been waiting a week and half for the call to collect. Nothing yet. It can take 2 weeks for the call and another 2 weeks to collect so looks unlikely. 

Damn. I managed to reverse into a wall last week so I've been waiting for that to be repaired (this morning) before phoning. Just my luck.

Nothing risky about the excess mileage. There is nothing owed according to their own document I signed. 

"You have the right to end this agreement. To do so.....If you have already paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more."

I believe from reading on here and the VW forum only people who took out agreements since they changed the wording on this have actually been sent invoices.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

4 hours ago, JamesVRSmk3 said:

You might wanna challenge them & beat them outta existence as you'd hate an unpaid bill on your credit history

Just for info. I eventually phoned up BCA myself after hearing nothing for nearly 2 weeks. They then gave me a date. So I could have probably done that ages ago. Let's hope they turn up. 

Edited by tigermad
  • Like 1

Car was collected this morning.  Nothing untoward with the condition report but was advised that this is not the final report and that vw do the final inspection. 

Can i cancel my direct debit now?

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

Car was collected this morning.  Nothing untoward with the condition report but was advised that this is not the final report and that vw do the final inspection. 

Dont think so. Payments will stop once the final report is with VW and any payments taken after invoking your VT will be refunded. That's the way ours is working anyway.

16 minutes ago, andyvee said:

VW do the final inspection? - without you being there?

Apparently. I think they just check over what the inspector says. Not sure what happens if they say for instance all the alloys are kerbed but on the condition report it doesn't mention that. Does the bca driver get blamed?

6 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Dont think so. Payments will stop once the final report is with VW and any payments taken after invoking your VT will be refunded. That's the way ours is working anyway.

That in bold was the thing that surprised me, I had assumed I would continue to pay until the car was collected. In reality I had another month approximately of use of the car for no charge and a refund of the next payment (which was being taken the next day), nice bonus.

Apparently. I think they just check over what the inspector says. Not sure what happens if they say for instance all the alloys are kerbed but on the condition report it doesn't mention that. Does the bca driver get blamed?

That is what I was wondering - if there is a discrepancy between the BCA and VW report what happens?

23 hours ago, tigermad said:

I've just gone through this process, and there was no VW inspection involved.  BCA took a couple of weeks to collect the car so it was picked up from the dealership without me being there. I rang BCA the day after the scheduled collection to ask if everything was OK with condition etc., and once they said it was I got straight on the phone to VWFS to cancel my direct debit...the payment was already in their system to be collected from my bank 7 days later.

VWFS put me on hold to call BCA and check things, and 2 minutes later confirmed everything was OK and that they would cancel the direct debit from their system and my commitment to the car was over.  

I am expecting an invoice for c. £100 for excess mileage and was told that would come in the next 'few weeks'.....all very simple for me, seemed to go really smoothly.

Definitely worth calling VWFS I reckon.

• Like 2