skoda varible service regime non skoda garage

Hi

I just put down a deposit on a 2013 octavia estate elegance 1.6 dsg 68k. Its from a peter vardy (vauxhall) so assume its traded in. I have been looking for a year and I knew more about the car than the sales man. It was going for 10300. Very good condition. Some paint damaged that they would resolve but wouldn't put down the price.

I was concerned about mileage. They said it had fsh but all they could produce was showing me in car it is due a service next 300 days...

I put a deposit down. I called skoda today to be horrified that it has not been serviced since May 2014! At this point it was on fixed regime. In addition since 68k out of skoda warranty.

So either it was not serviced? Or its on variable regime? Can a non skoda garage change this? Surely there should be paper work to prove this?

I called peter vardy who will look into this. They started off denying all knowledge. I feel very mislead. I bought a 2year warranty but not keen to have a car not well looked after.

I felt the only redress would be for them to service it or should I walk away?

Thanks for ideas and help

Rather than owning a car, have you considered lease hiring one? You'll have fixed monthly costs, no maintenance to worry about, and some even come with tax and insurance included so the only thing you have to pay for is fuel. In my opinion it's the best way to run a new car, and considering how much cars depreciate by in the first three years it could even work out cheaper than owning one.

I knew more about the car than the sales man.

That's normal, product knowledge even at dealerships of the same brand is so poor in most cases it's non-existent.

I bought a second hand 2015 Octavia from a Skoda dealer last month but they couldn't get the sat nav working on the Amundsen before collection so wanted me to take it back for their service guys to take a look - I fixed it by getting a genuine Skoda SD card off eBay (from another Skoda dealer who was having a stock clearance so I didn't pay anything like list price) which amazed the dealer as they couldn't get it to work (they were using non-Skoda SD cards :devil: ).

OP, walk away from that deal and demand your deposit back as they have blatantly and falsely claimed a full service history, which Skoda have confirmed HAS NOT HAPPENED.

I know you've been looking for a long time but, that car may or may not be trouble but, what is certain, Skoda will wash their hands of any warranty work on that car.

In addition, how does a car get driven if it's owner won't even take it for a service ?

Thanks for all you comments guys. All day have not heard from them. I can only assume its not go proof of service history.

The car is registered 10/2013 would it still have a paper log book?

I understand the advice to walk away. Car seems in good condition IF I considered keeping what discount should I argue for?

A 2013 car (I have a 2013 car) with full service history should have a service book to confirm when services were completed. No book no proof, false advertising ask for your money back and walk away.