android apps for bluetooth obd2 reader

Hello folks, I have a cheep ebay bluetooth OBD2 connector/transmitter which I use the "PISTON" app with.

It picks up a "low voltage warning" but isn't identifying an airbag warning light.

what are the best most cost effective OBD solutions that members have found??

Cheers all.

Hello folks, I have a cheep ebay bluetooth OBD2 connector/transmitter which I use the "PISTON" app with.

It picks up a "low voltage warning" but isn't identifying an airbag warning light.

what are the best most cost effective OBD solutions that members have found??

Cheers all.

The best option for VAG brand cars is VCDS. Given that its functionality rivals that of VAG's VAS tool (which costs somewhere in the region of $4000), $350 for the HEX-CAN cable is pretty excellent value.

If you're really attached to your bluetooth interface, Carista and Torque are both well regarded, but the functionality is limited to OBD/EOBD access to the engine and transmission modules.

Forget about Carista :( completely useless if you don't pay subscription :( requires original dongle - at least £25 - and you still need to pay subscription :(