Heh John got a new motor

Hi Guys

After 35k of happy Rapid 1.4 TSI DSG ownership i have upgraded to to a an Octavia 1.2 TSI DSG.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607286257439?search-target=usedcars&make=skoda&model=octavia&year-from=2015&year-to=2016&fuel-type=petrol&radius=1500&searchcontext=default&page=1&sort=default&keywords=dsg&postcode=ph12sx&body-type=hatchback&onesearchad=nearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=2

I hope i have as many happy years with my new Octavia as the Rapid gave me.

Todays driving and feel was great and quality is certainly higher of internal finish and trim etc.. Lots of bells and whistles.

Edited by john999boy
Ad removed

Hi,

do you have some pics? I would like to carry 3 bikes, is there a possibility to adapt the roof rack? Oh...and will you ship it to Romania?

Many thanks,

All the best from Timisoara

Hi,

do you have some pics? I would like to carry 3 bikes, is there a possibility to adapt the roof rack? Oh...and will you ship it to Romania?

Many thanks,

All the best from Timisoara

Hi Timisora,

I am unable to ship to Romainia,,sorry

Hi, hope you enjoy your upgrade, wonder if you will post later with a full warts and all ( none I hope ! ) opinion of the 1.2 tsi in real day to day use, eventually I will need to upgrade my 1.9 tdi' sand what with dpf issues etc my low miles will rule out ( ??? ) diesel, I think.

Cheers Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i say it is quite noticeable,,,however i have not pushed the 1.2 yet to see what it can do in D or S mode. The mpg is is awsom!! and comfort is much better and all seems so much more refined. Suppose the Current? 1.4 TSI in a an Octavia might show some improvements in all areas etc????

Hi, hope you enjoy your upgrade, wonder if you will post later with a full warts and all ( none I hope ! ) opinion of the 1.2 tsi in real day to day use, eventually I will need to upgrade my 1.9 tdi' sand what with dpf issues etc my low miles will rule out ( ??? ) diesel, I think.

Cheers Dave

Will do,,,having some clutch "slippage"  DSG on 1-3 and 5 gears when hot and traffic.. goes in next week for investigation / fix????

Will do,,,having some clutch "slippage"  DSG on 1-3 and 5 gears when hot and traffic.. goes in next week for investigation / fix????

Hopefully it's teething issues, fingers crossed.

Do I remember correctly you went from diesel to petrol, having driven derv for 25+ years my mileage now dictates either running my non dpf cars into the ground or switching to petrol, I am more the happy with my octavia and would most certainly stay in one but 1.2 or 1.4 that will be the question

footnote my good lady has taken a shine to the superb......!!

• Like 1