camshaft position sensor,

I have had an engine management light on for a few weeks now and on diag its suggesting its the camshaft position sensor.  i have now fitted a new sensor but the light is still on.  if i erase it i can drive the car for a few miles without it coming back on.   to me it seems as if it could be a broken wire near the connector.  can i buy these connectors and if so where from?  

what do you guys think?

thanks

I reset my el light and erased codes and drover from Ely to Milton Keynes and the light stayed off. Got back to the car after shopping and started the car and the light is on a again. I have ordered a new plug to see if it's a broken

May call on help if that doesn't fix it if you don't mind?

Cheers

Forgot to say it's a tfsi pre facelift

I reset my el light and erased codes and drover from Ely to Milton Keynes and the light stayed off. Got back to the car after shopping and started the car and the light is on a again. I have ordered a new plug to see if it's a broken.

Would the cam chain at the back of the engine cause this issue if slack. My car has done 150k after all.

May call on help if that doesn't fix it if you don't mind?

Cheers

The code I'm getting is p0010 1/2. Camshaft position actuator circuit open. Bank 1

Ps. Car runs really well and smooth idle

Edited by yamjam

OK thanks. How hard is this part to fix and how much is the part itself

Just had cam belt

done but should be nothing to do with

that?

Edited by yamjam

Like I said the Eml comes on when it wants. Is it safe to drive. I ahead noticed that sometimes it's not quite as quick as others so maybe it is the solenoid failing. I'll check tomorrow.

I had a look this morning and the electrical connector on the solenoid is broken and fixed with electrical tape. I have cleaned it with wurth electrical contact cleaner and cable tied it up for now. Hope that some fixed it.

Do you know if this part can be brought separately

I had a look this morning and the electrical connector on the solenoid is broken and fixed with electrical tape. I have cleaned it with wurth electrical contact cleaner and cable tied it up for now. Hope that some fixed it.

Do you know if this part can be brought separately

Not a bad guess then eh?

Is it the plug that is broken?

Nice one thanks.

It's the plastic part on the solenoid not the plug with the wire unfortunately.

I hope this is the problem.

Like I said sometimes it feels sluggish compared to others times so maybe the solenoid it not working 100% of the time due to thexpansion bad connection

Edited by yamjam