Rattles, vibrations, mediocre handling, questionable paintwork and other general negativity

I have had 2 minor rattles both of which I have solved. One was the boot cover touching against some hard plastic and the flap on the inner end rattling against the rear of the seats, sorted that with some judicious pieces of tape. 

Please tell us more!  I've spent ages trying to eliminate an intermittent tapping noise from the load cover but haven't had any luck.  Where was it touching and what sort of tape did you use?

See piccie for location. I used a few pieces of padded tape that I had left over. The sort of stuff you can use to fix number plates for example. With the tape in place then make sure you have the lip of the boot cover tucked in behind the rear seats and bingo.

Excuse the rough and ready; I will replace the tape with something a little less conspicuous now I know it works.

post-135461-0-94705900-1474379646_thumb.png

Mine is almost a year old, and was an early one with almost 14k miles now. The only 'rattle' is actually a resonance issue connected with the engine and its ancillaries.

There's a knock from the rear suspension which is most likely the 'soggy' bushes fitted to early builds. All being well it will be looked at when the extended service break happens (car going in for several days to have a number of issues looked at) but the fixes are not build quality more than bad system design, and poor testing burning build.

I have few doubts that VW will have forced certain compromises on Škoda in order to stifle competition. That's the way of the motor industry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, xman said:

He spoke too soon....

They started to act at 5K, were replaced at 15-18K-ish km. But I´m so glad, that you´re enjoying yourself :)