Who still drives a completely standard as left the factory CAVE engine Twincharger.

Ootohere

I know Brian69 has a very early & pretty low mileage one which is as near to factory standard other than the wheels being powder coated.

Anyone else have a standard 2010-2012 Hatch or Estate?

A very good and interesting question George!

Yep. Late-2011 CAVE engine with no issues and still going strong.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but they would have been the exact words out of my mouth c. 2 weeks ago. 

Out of curiosity how many miles have you done? Much oil usage?

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but they would have been the exact words out of my mouth c. 2 weeks ago. 

Out of curiosity how many miles have you done? Much oil usage?

Sounds like you had/have car problems? 35k miles and only 'standard' oil usage (currently filled with Fuchs Titan).

Sorry, but i never posted this as yet another of the dozens of Oil Consumption threads.

Just out of interest in unmolested standard cars being driven. 

eg, No dealer option springs, no breather update, standard exhaust, standard gigaro wheels, no remap etc.

Only a slight tangent.. didn't mean to hijack your thread George

Soz :blush:

Sounds like you had/have car problems? 35k miles and only 'standard' oil usage (currently filled with Fuchs Titan).

My car is in with Skoda at the moment, currently negotiating re an engine replacement. It used 1 litre every 2000 miles, recently a valve went destroying the engine. It had been meticulously looked after and serviced.

You can read about it in my thread: EPS and check engine light.

(meant to be EPC)

Aye, my car was first registered 30/09/10 (just put it through its fourth MOT last week - no advisories) with a May 2010-build engine.

As George says it's completely untouched aside from the Gigaros, which have been refurbed (due to 'spiders' on the chrome finish - they're now 'Japanese Silver').

Edited by Brian69
  • Like 1

Oh I thought they all had it changed. Either way gearbox is faultless and works great. I assume I'll need to change it every few years or are they supposedly sealed for life?

It does use a bit of oil but way within tolerance and a lot of journeys are sub 5 mile 15 minute commutes.

I'll be keeping the Skoda warranty renewed every year for now just in case!

• Like 2