Carista?

DDixon

Thanks for the updates DDixon, I tried more or less the same ones as you. Although I already have the lock unlock beeps, I could turn them on/off via the bolero.

The turning dogs did the same as you lol so turned that back off, I also tried the tear wipe, again accepted it but didn't work ????

However like you I activated the needle sweep/dial staging which worked perfectly here's a little video (hopefully it will work)

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/mbuk85/media/1F1CE403-6712-4CED-A37A-65CA0A3A7C52_zpstvwgyify.mp4.html

Edited by daveface

Do not use the beta! My CarPlay no longer works! Errors every time. Seems a bit suspect that I made changes with it today and now it has stopped working!

Lol to late now! What kind of errors are you seeing? I generally don't use CarPlay but I will give it ago in the morning and see what mine does!

I am downloading the latest iOS as we speak, could that be the problem?

Edited by daveface

Hum, now someone has just reminded me of something that I still have to  prog in on my wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI SEL - and that is "tear wipe" which is something that my wife will never notice but will make me happy! I'll need to wait a while more maybe until and/or if Carista add that to their list for the Polo 6C - for that car at least, it seems that "tear wipe" enabling is a bit of hit or miss with a car with rain sensing!

Edit:- well with VCDS and manually changing things it is a bit hit or miss when you have rain sensing wipers!

Edited by rum4mo

Actually I just ran out and gave it ago now, no problems with Apple CarPlay for me! Strange how your seeing issues :(

Turned all the options via Carista off, left the car for a few hours and now everything seems to be playing ball. Forgive me, but I'll now be steering clear until public release :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got around to playing with this now this evening ..

Only tried a couple of things, as I'm happy enough with car setup as it is.

Got needle staging going.

[EDIT] Tried tear-wipe on rear screen. Doesn't work.

Only noticed front wiper tear-wipe on the updated version this morning. Too nervous to try it ! Car has rain-sense front wipers.  [/EDIT]

The "comfort indicator" setting was originally at 3 flashes. Selected 4 flashes on Carista - car now actually does 2 !  Didn't have time to play more with it. And see what happens at 5. Will get back to it some other time.

[EDIT] This morning, put the option back to "5 flashes" and car gives 3 actual flashes again.  [/EDIT]

A lot of options provided that don't apply to Fabia - at least not the ones we get ! "Display cylinder shut off ", "Open Panoramic roof via remote etccc"....

It showed 3 Fault codes too - must go and see what they are -- 12307, 204290 and 233224 - all in "Central Electronics" Those 6 digit ones look odd.

So - a bit like DDixon -- quite cautious now - what if it turns on something and you can't turn it off ?!

Won't be trying any other options now - I've already been too brave !!

[EDITAnd... while switching between WiFi dongle and house WiFi - I inadvertently hit the damn Service Reset ! Don't ask how - but I did !  Luckily, the car was in for service last week, so only few miles clocked up since they zeroed it. Wonder if they'll notice the discrepency next year !

I'll email Carista and see what they say. [/EDIT]

Edited by Dithane

Ohoh, just got my invite to help with Beta testing - luckily wifie is still away with the Polo so I will not be tempted - can't see me are many other people wanting to test the "service indicator reset" for them - sorry!  Though if I was being very helpful, I suppose I could read all the relevant fields using VCDS and test Carista ability to reset them, then get VCDS out again to put the same old values back in. Doubt if that would confuse VW at service time!

• 3 weeks later...

looks like they have upgated the list 

Doors / Windows / Remote:

Allow configuring beep when locking/unlocking
YES / NO

Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking
ENABLED / DISABLED

Beep when unlocking with remote
YES / NO

Beep when locking with remote
YES / NO

Open windows via long-press on remote (step 1 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Open windows via long-press on remote (step 2 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Close windows via long-press on remote (step 1 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Close windows via long-press on remote (step 2 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Allow configuring open/close windows with remote via MMI
DISABLED / VIEW-ONLY / ADJUSTABLE

Instruments / Display / Dings:

Gauge needle sweep at startup
YES / NO

Battery charge display (req. dash restart)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Seat belt warning
ENABLED / DISABLED

Ding when key is left in ignition
OFF / DRIVER'S DOOR / ALL DOORS

Oil temperature display
ENABLED / DISABLED

Allow enabling oil temperature display via MMI
ENABLED / DISABLED

Lights:

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
YES / NO

Daytime running lights on only when switch is set to AUTO
YES / NO

Parking light activates daytime running lights (DRL)
YES / NO

Daytime running lights (DRL) activate parking light
YES / NO

Turn off daytime running lights when parking brake is on
YES / NO

Auto headlights activation threshold
LOW / NORMAL / HIGH

Coming-home lights use…
LOW BEAMS / FOG LIGHTS

Yup- but not the Mk.3s, unfortunately. As standard, with electric front windows, there isn't the one-touch system like the older cars had, and if you go for rear electric windows only the driver's window is one-touch. Frustrating. Definitely something in the negatives column about the car! It is retrofitable, with aftermarket systems, but that's not really good for those of us with new cars on PCP! I have no intention of keeping the car beyond the contracted hire period, so mods are limited to OEM things that I can add and remove with ease (armrest, and I will be doing the W8 light mod in the new year!)

This is the retrofit system:

https://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-WC1000-Touch-Down-Window/dp/B000BTQMW0

I was a bit disappointed (wife has Aug 2015 Polo 1.2TSI SEL) to find no "tear wipe" or " autolock/unlock" - I might need to chat to Carista about that, I have sorted out the "autolock/unlock" the long way using VCDS but have not tried the tear wipe yet - maybe no demand for these options?

OK ...  Update on latest beta from Carista ...

Things that did work. Or at least ones I was more interested in.

1. Stop-Start. Disabled !  Yes ... disabled! No more having to remember the damn button.

Re-enabled it and disabled it again. No problem.

The app offered two options to do this - only the first option worked. The second option was rejected by the car.

[ Infotainment Car Status for Stop-Start, now shows "Power consumption is high" ]

2. Automatic Locking when leaving the car. Car locks once you close the door - and the key is outside the car. This is the best mod I've ever had.

This option may not suit everyone's habits - but it certainly is a big boon for me. Car has full Kessy, so it’s easy to open car again if need to.

3. Coming Home lights: Enable/Disable. Also, when enabled, allows option of triggering when Drivers Door opened after Ignition Off (original default setting), or, immediately when ignition off.

Might be of use to someone without Coming Home enabled??

Allows option to use Fog Lights instead of Dips .. however, I found that when Fogs were selected, both Dips and Fogs were on. Just reverted to Dips option. Don’t think I’d like that kind of drain on the battery in the long term, with both sets on.

4. Lap Timer. This is a cool Lap-timer that displays on the MaxiDot/MFD. Does split and laps, as well as launch when car starts to move. I know I won’t be doing any track (or field !) events – but I could see this useful for some hobbies, maybe. Night photography being one. Sit in car and leave camera outside on tripod. Control with remote. If you’re into that kind of thing.

Can post pics of Lap Timer screens if anyone’s interested.

5. Number of flashes of Indicator (“Comfort Indicators”) - Can only vary this between 3 (default) and 2 flashes – the 1-flash option didn’t work for me – even though I did some factory resets on Infotainment. So – a bit useless really. Earlier beta versions had options of 4 or 5 flashes – seems they couldn’t get them to work though.

6. Fog-lights off when Main Beams on. Works.

7. The fun one – Needle Staging ! Works.

There’s a lot, as in, a LOT, of other options – many of which were irrelevant to us, as we already have control of them by default on the Radio or MFD screens.

Others are just not available for the Fabia because it doesn't have the hardware to do it.

Such as Rolling windows up & down from Remote, and Folding mirrors. 

As other's have said - it didn't do Tear-Wipe - on either Front or rear wipers. Not a big deal. Guessing that fronts didn't work because of Auto-wipers.

Emergency flash on brake lights, and hazard flashers to come on in emergency stops, neither worked. ( not easy to check brake lights working on my own - relied on  looking at road-sign reflections !! )

Anyway - lot of reports gone back to Carista. But very happy with the first two above. And the Needle staging!

They hope to roll out a new general release on Monday.

Edited by Dithane