Surprisingly low Insurance for SEL Estate

I'm getting my SEL on Saturday and have had a few quotes for insurance.

Best quote I'm getting is £256 fully comp - that's amazing really considering it costs more than that for us to insure our Fabia Mk1 hatch that's 12 years old and worth virtually nothing.

Anyone else surprised by their quote? I've got reasonable no-claims and a clean licence but really amazed it's so cheap for a near £30K car.

When I sought a comprehensive quote from my insurance company for my Mark 111 L&K TDI 190 DSG I was quoted at + 54% on the cost for my Mark 11 CR 170 Elegance DSG. Other insurance companies were typically asking about +12%. I looked around and eventually got a quote for less than I was paying for the Mark 11.

Ha Ha - we really are Doppelgangers in a parallel universe!  :D

I too was gobsmacked at Insurance iro £250 Comp incl Business use  :clap:

:D Spooky. PS - thanks for the hatchbag pic - ordering one today (not pink!)

• Like 1

My insurance got loaded a little because it was 'a brand new car, so you won't be experienced driving it and are more likely to make a claim'. Rubbish!!

I've got 20 years experience and full not claims!

Any change they get...