Citigoing going gone....

masserator

so after 3 wonderful years with the citigo, she is going to make way for something a little bigger, far more practical and slightly more economical.....

a 5 door 1.8 polo DSG GTI!  :devil:

had the odd issue over the years, clutch click (went after a few k miles), sticky sunroof (Dealer greased every service) and squeeky suspension (replaced rear top mounts)

i have done a grand total of 45k miles and she has not skipped a beat!

hopefully the new one will be just as reliable!

• Like 4

enjoy,

there are a few on here defected in the opposite direction as they had squeaks and niggles and some who defected here due to costs etc, there are some like you going the other way

just keep the loud peddle under control after the little citigo and hopefully you will have a good time

just because you have defected to the dark side, don't mean you can't stay around on here, its always good to hear the good, bad and ugly of the competiton

Slightly more economical??? Seriously?  :D  :D  :D

I would love a Polo GTI DSG and am seriously considering one as my retirement gift in a little over 2 years time. Not a hot favourite though as a used Porsche Cayman or new Mazda MX5 are also on the list!

I have always been a vag fan, had a polo match (2008), Ibiza se (2009), fabia vrs (2010) and then this Citigo (2013).

With regards to economy, when driving the ex demo at the dealer is was getting 2mpg more round town than I get in my Citigo! I used to get 42mpg ish in my 1.4tsi fabia vrs.

What makes it better is I get a car allowance from work (and fuel card), so they are basically paying for me to run a gti as a company car!

Win-win!

Slightly more economical??? Seriously? :D:D:D

I would love a Polo GTI DSG and am seriously considering one as my retirement gift in a little over 2 years time. Not a hot favourite though as a used Porsche Cayman or new Mazda MX5 are also on the list!

I wouldn't say that our Leon 1.8 DSG is noticeably economical. We are averaging just over 30mpg from mostly urban use in the hilly Pennines. Your mileage may vary in the somewhat flatter environment of East Anglia but given that our Citigo is averaging over 46mpg for the same urban duty cycle as the Leon I would be very surprised if the Polo bettered the Citigo.

@tweenster - I am a big fan of the MX-5 but would take a Cayman flat 6 over the Mazda. :)

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1