I have just noticed that my new Octavia 1.4 SE L  is not fitted with front day running LED lights. Was very surprised by this as my previous Fabia SE L did have them.   Have these LED's  been deleted from the new SE l Octavia.

Any information relating to this would be appreciated,

I think possibly leds in the rear lights might be standard or an option in SE. I have an SE Sport which has the leds in the rear, but I never get the chance to see them. I'm not sure how valuable an option is if you never get to experience it .The front has running lights but don't think they are led. They are self adjusting, so they do the Hokey Cokey when you start up. That makes me hoot every time. The driving/fog lights also join the party. Quite snazzy (is that even a word anymore?).

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies. I have looked in the options list and front LED's are not offered, must have been lucky to get them in the Fabia. Don't know if its a current word but I do remember and understand the word SNAZZY.

I think possibly leds in the rear lights might be standard or an option in SE. I have an SE Sport which has the leds in the rear, but I never get the chance to see them. I'm not sure how valuable an option is if you never get to experience it .The front has running lights but don't think they are led. They are self adjusting, so they do the Hokey Cokey when you start up. That makes me hoot every time. The driving/fog lights also join the party. Quite snazzy (is that even a word anymore?).

On your SE Sport you have xenon headlights with an LED running light (strip at the bottom of the cluster). The 'dancing' you see is the dipped beam doing a self check on start up. The LED running light will always be illuminated (brighter when dipped beam is off) unless you turn them off through the infotainment system. The LED rears are LEDs for the side lights and brake lights only. Indicators, revers and fog are standard bulbs.

For the OP. Halogen lights only have a halogen running light as per a reply above. The LEDs on the Fabia are only available as standard on SEL, Monte Carlo and Colour editions (I think) and possible as a chargeable extra on other models. To have LEDs on the Octavia you need to have xenon headlights.

I'm fairly sure all of that is correct :-)