Bolero and DAB

docc

More than happy with the standard Bolero provided, but the time will come, maybe in four years or so, when FM will disappear altogether from the BBC national stations.

Has anyone found a satisfactory DAB upgrade for the Bolero?  Early days, of course, but I wouldn't mind 'upgrading' (some might say downgrading) now.

• Like 1

I can't see FM being terminated, there would be a huge nationwide uproar of protest, particularly as DAB is so flaky in some areas. It is unreasonable to expect an entire country to junk perfectly serviceable FM receivers (not just in cars) in favour of a questionable, power-hungry alternative.

The changeover from FM & AM to dab should have happened last year, I cannot see why FM & AM radios are still being sold and on most cars DAB is an extra cost option.

AM enables listening to a discussion program for hundreds of kms from the source .

Free ubiquitous WiFi would/will perhaps allow streaming and seems inevitable over time surely.

I can see the attraction of DAB and regret not speccing it in our new car, however, it is not the be and end all that some think.

I have read that the music quality is not as high as fm, I personally can't tell the difference though. What I can tell is the dreadfully restricted reception of DAB in my part of the country, it is difficult to obtain a signal at all in many areas and when you do the station choice is very small, usually only bbc ones. For areas like mine ( and there are many in the UK ) fm and am are essential. In fact I can listen to footie on R5 live (am) south of the Loire in France, can't do that with DAB.

• Like 1