Bluetooth priority

Hi, I have a Columbus head unit in a 2017 Octavia vRS. My iPhone 7 is paired up with Bluetooth. When i start the car i wait for Bluetooth to connect, then plug in usb to charge. The music starts if i hit play after connecting bluetooth but stops when i connect usb. I have to restart it and lose the phone functions. Is there any way to have usb only charge the phone and not take over the whole connection?

The phone charges fine, the problem is that Columbus sees the USB device and uses that for music instead of the Bluetooth which connected first. I don't want to plug in 12v chargers in a brand new car which has a USB port.

You could either find a 'charge only' cable or use one of the many adapter that sit between the headunit and iphone cable.

Just as examples:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-150cm-Lightning-Charge-iPhone/dp/B00KRC18UC

http://coolnewgadgetspapatek.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/ravpower-usb-charger-adapter-power-your.html

I have never used either but both should avoid the iphone attempting to sync but allowing it to charge :)

• Like 1

I think the answer will be a re-sounding no, but can the car cope with having two phones blue-toothed to it at the same time?  i.e. would it accept calls from both?

• 3 weeks later...