forge recirculation valve just stopped working :(

hi guys bit perplexed with this one i noticed my BOV/recirculation valve just stopped working one day on my skoda fabia vrs , I'm getting a vacuum from the back of the manifold and as i rev it looses suction slightly, it then goes to a solenoid valve which in turn forms two pipes one for the top of the valve and one for the bottom, the valve will not open and is just surging air back through the turbo as cool as this sounds i really want to avoid this, i think i may not be getting a signal to the solonoid as ive ordered a new solenoid fitted it today and still no luck has anyone had similar problems ? 

Go the GFB DV+. Had mine for over 2 years and no problems. Been inside the factory and meet the staff. Everything there is top notch.

P.S.  Disclaimer...My work is now just around the corner from the GFB factory....hahahaha.

P.P.S... Sorry guys...but I have to say this... I have no Forge parts on my car for a good reason.

Edited by mmmRacer

Go the GFB DV+. Had mine for over 2 years and no problems. Been inside the factory and meet the staff. Everything there is top notch.

P.S.  Disclaimer...My work is now just around the corner from the GFB factory....hahahaha.

P.P.S... Sorry guys...but I have to say this... I have no Forge parts on my car for a good reason.

so after a little VAG com and some replacement parts it appears the solenoid packed up causing the ecu to shut the signal to the solenoid so even after it was replaced it needed to be reset to work again luckily i have a good friend with vagcom who got me out of the ****!!!! so if anyone else's packs up this was my solution might have to upgrade to this from tmg performance what does everyone think :P

post-121508-0-72395000-1477742048_thumb.png

From Awesome GTI Page

Apologies for my dumb-ness but what benefits does the GFB DV+ have for my Twincharger? Aside from the obvious *PSHH* :p

• Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
  • Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
  • Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits
  • Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost

GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit solution for the weak factory diverter valve used on many European vehicles.

The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great (the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it?), but the weak point however is the valve mechanism itself. So GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing just the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.

The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it.

Apologies for my dumb-ness but what benefits does the GFB DV+ have for my Twincharger? Aside from the obvious *PSHH* :p

With these dv+ there is no *PSHH*. These r for getting on boost quicker(stronger spring) and being more reliable as the valve is metal not oem plastic.

With these dv+ there is no *PSHH*. These r for getting on boost quicker(stronger spring) and being more reliable as the valve is metal not oem plastic.

Yea the thing I like about the DV+ is, from viewing a few videos, it doesn't have the obnoxious boyracer-ish "TSHHHHHH!!!" that most aftermarket valves do, it's definitely louder than stock but not by a lot which is perfect, last thing I want is to be going down my road early hours of the morning (which is covered in speed bumps) going *TSHHH*.........*TSHHHHH*.......*TSHHHHH* :D

• Like 1

The forge products are blow off valves, even the spacer as it vents to atmosphere. They can cause trouble codes because the ecu expects the air to be recirculated but it gets vented out, effectively disappearing as far as the ecu is concerned.

I've also got a GFB DV+. It's relatively cheap and seems like a good upgrade to help prevent any issues if you mapped your car.

Although I stupidly ordered mine from Australia as it was cheaper, completely forgetting about the VAT I'd have to pay when it arrived in the country, making it no cheaper at all hahaha

• 3 months later...

I fitted the GFB DV+ last week to my 2010 CAVE VRS.

Not quite as simple an installation as shown in the GFB You tube video on the Polo.

The bottom Torx screw is somewhat tricky to remove and the fit with the pipework on the VRS is a lot tighter.

Still took less than an hour though and am pleased with the result.

The engine seems more eager to respond because the DV+ holds the boost.

However, I do now have the fault code which GFB mentioned in the instructions.

In all, this is a very nice tidy "upgrade" for not a lot of money which you can actually fit yourself.