Pioneer DEH-1800UB Installation

oaksi2

Looking to replace the symphony radio in my 2005 fabia with this Pioneer stereo:

These are the connectors in my car:

220px-ISO_connectors_for_head_unit_in_ca

From what  I can see in the video it looks like the radio comes with an adaptor for this setup but the halfords website is recommending that I need a harness adaptor and an antenna adaptor.

Anyone else done this upgrade and know for certain what I need?

Cheers

The iso plugs on the pioneer radio will plug straight into the fabias wiring. You will also need part number 6Y0857231B41 from the dealer (only a couple of pounds) and a radio aerial booster if you intend to listen to the radio (available from Halfords) you don't need any extra iso adapters

Got a very similar pioneer unit in my car, as said above connectors fit straight in but you will need an aerial amp (£5 ebay)

only thing i found with fitting was that the cage the unit slides into was very tight to fit into the car,

and the metal tabs which are supposed to lock it in place wouldn't as there is too much plastic in the way where the old radio mounts

I had to fit the radio into the supplied cage first, then slide the whole unit into the dash and it just wedges in place. I found that as long as you are gentle with removing the usb cable from the front, then the radio wont come out of the dash as its a pretty tight fit

if any of that makes sense...

I just put a DEH-4800BT Pioneer in mine and you need these 2 items A single Din Facia surround and a antenna ISO plug in adaptor, I filed a small amount ( a few thou) of the plastic away and fitted the cage bent the tabs over and slide the radio in. I got mine from Car Audio Warehouse, when you slide the radio in feed the wiring plugs to the left at the rear so they dont get behind the radio and stop it seating fully.