total rebuild

Torben Paw

well after some fool hit my car ive decided to do a full rebuild and spend the last week finding the stuff needed and deciding what to do to it

Its a 2005 Fabia vRS

everything will be done to compliment the cars original design.... that is why i will reuse original bumpers...

heres a list of modifications that is 99% sure

New wheel arches from a 2005 vw passat will be a full 2" wider in both sides

(Edit will use arches from a golf lV instead they suit the car better the others where too big! still gonna be 2"wider in each side)

Original bumpers will be rebuild to match new fenders, and to make room for an 18Litre FMIC i just ordered in the frontbumper

At the rear the cut out for the exhaust will be removed (so if u need a vRS exhaust tip i have one for sale unfortunately its in denmark!!)

They will both end up being 4cm higher after rebuild (and thereby 4cmm closer to the ground..

Front will be totally rebuild with badboy look welded on and original grill removed.

Custom sideskirts will be fitted.

All black plastics will be removed....

Windows will be tinted.

Airride will be fitted

Carline CM0 9½x17" 3 piece rims with 205-40/17 wheels ordered

Brembo Gt1 332x32mm brakes, steel reinforced hoses, 4 pot calipers the works...

Ánd on the i dont know if i should do this is:

Side Exhaust seems to be popular at the moment!! (but think a lot of people got it??)

remove doorhandles??

get a Motorcykle style aluminium petrol(diesel) filler cap welded in??

Remove Skoda Badge on rear end??

And finally on the wish list for the future when i get some more money is a new leather interiour (white/red)

new speakers with amplifiers and stuff (good looking and good sounding nothing extravagant here please!!)

TVR style roll cage (covered in leather...)

MB 270Cdi Vnt 20 turbo and new diesel injektors so the effect match the looks (currently runnning 170Bhp 410NM)

Do 205's fit on a 9.5 rim???? and do 9.5's fit a fabia??

Sounds ambitious but sounds good, i tend to agree with Lummox on the bad boy bonnet and maybe not the side exit exhaust.

But post lots of pics when you start, i love to see a project coming together :D

Do 205's fit on a 9.5 rim???? and do 9.5's fit a fabia??

Sounds ambitious but sounds good' date=' i tend to agree with Lummox on the bad boy bonnet and maybe not the side exit exhaust.

But post lots of pics when you start, i love to see a project coming together :D[/quote']

they will fit like these

derby_c201.jpg

so will be very stretched...

an the new wheel arches will be welded in to fit the new rims

I will post lots of pics dont worry

Arrrrghh:mad:

the mecanic that should do all the metal works has tripled the estimated price that he told me so i dont have the funds to get it done rigth now

i was not ready to pay 1500£ + paint to get 4 new wheel arches

+ my friend is fitting a turbo engine in his Golf mk 1 with 200bhp and i cant live with being number 2 in a duel....

so i will only get this done at this time:

Damage on car will be fixed. just needs to be painted and put back on

Grooved and drilled 312x25mm zimmermann brakes (ordered 27/1)

Brembo 4-pot kalibers. (bougth on a danish tuning-forum 29/1 230£)

plastic side lists will be removed (done)

Seat front lip and strutbracers will be fitted (ordered 27/1 will pick up 31/1).

new FMIC with bigger Tubes (custom made for 600£)

Vnt 20 turbo. any body know where to get a good deal on this (cheaper than 560+25%Vat)

new diesel racing injectors (ordered 27/1 will arrive in 14days or so)

the Tuningbox im currently running will be changed to a ecu remap..´

Powerflex bushes and motormount (ordered 26/1 will arrive sometime next week)

thats it for now i think but all together round 2500£ spent in 3 days:cool: