High Mileage Register - Superb 3

2 minutes ago, Coops said:

What you been doing? Rallying in them?

Just normal driving... Where i live i can climb 1000ft in 3 miles and currently doing a lot of local driving.

The Conti Contacts or what ever they are called are rubbish for traction.

Used to get 9000 max on my 5 series rear.

Edited by RickTT

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

That song, your mileage.   WOW!

This is not The greatest photo in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, mavala said:

I have just gone over the 52000 miles now.

:D She is still as good as ever.:biggrin:

Great effort, I've just clicked onto 40k. Still really liking it and wouldn't have a clue what it's replacement would be..

5 minutes ago, mavala said:

I will probably get the same or maybe a Kodiak. It's a company car and the max is 100K miles. So, that would be about June 2018.

A Kodiak would be nice, but the c02 will be over our limit. I think I'd just get the same again, but with DSG.

12 hours ago, teebs said:

A Kodiak would be nice, but the c02 will be over our limit. I think I'd just get the same again, but with DSG.

Not if there is a hybrid Kodiaq

40 minutes ago, philpix said:

Not if there is a hybrid Kodiaq

Our company is still not keen on Hybrid company cars, I just don't think they can get them within the lease per month boundaries. Our fleet managers told me that the Audi A3 Hybrid was over £700/month for a 3 year 100k agreement...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have just passed the 57000 Miles and service is due in a 1000 miles.

The tyres will need to be changed soon again.

this will be the 4th set.

I can do about 20K with a set and I am rotating them.

On 2017-3-13 at 11:06, teebs said:

Our company is still not keen on Hybrid company cars, I just don't think they can get them within the lease per month boundaries. Our fleet managers told me that the Audi A3 Hybrid was over £700/month for a 3 year 100k agreement...

That's the issue, such high lease costs for these cars. Companies just won't do the maths and try and work out whether they are more cost effective in the longer term.

• 4 weeks later...

So far, only 6500 ish on my clock - 4000 when I picked it up late April. The 2012 mk2 it replaced covered 100,000 trouble-free miles, so I have high hopes for this one.

• 1 month later...

3rd service just completed and it's now just under 54,000 miles. 

Still on original pads and discs, 2nd set of front tyres and original rears - very impressed

Lifetime average of 54 mpg.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:59, teebs said:

3rd service just completed and it's now just under 54,000 miles. 

Still on original pads and discs, 2nd set of front tyres and original rears - very impressed

Lifetime average of 54 mpg.

This all sounds very promising. I've covered 5,000 miles in the 3 months I've had the car, delighted with it so far,

I agree, so far its looking like the cheapest Skoda I've run and I've had a few at this stage.  I have about 20k kms (12.5k miles) done and my overall average mpg is somewhere in the 52-54 mpg region as well.  Give or take the usual over ambitious computer reading of even say 10% and that's still impressive ( I think I got very late forties even touching 50mpg actual fill to fill).  Tyres looking good and I got a service plan with the car too so will be next year before I need to put my hand in my pocket for that.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...